Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laurent Duvernay Tardif opts out

Interesting...

I dont know how prevalent this will become? I dont think it will, but we'll see. 

I salute his dedication and selfless decision...but, why as an orderly when he's a doctor?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I salute his dedication and selfless decision...but, why as an orderly when he's a doctor?
I know nothing about doctorin' but maybe because he can be of more help as an extremely knowledgable orderly? And I'm guessing there are hoops to jump through before he can just step in as a doctor. Either way, good for him. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Interesting...

I dont know how prevalent this will become? I dont think it will, but we'll see. 
Yeah, I don't like the headline I'm seeing everywhere "Tardif first NFL player to opt out of his contract due to COVID-19."

One, it's presumptuous. If all you read was the headline, you would assume he's opting out for fear of getting infected, when it's the exact opposite; he's headed straight for the front lines. And, two, in saying he's the first, it implies there will be many. Maybe? But I really don't think so. And certainly not for the same reason. 

It's interesting how different the headlines. Regardless, I have a lot of respect and appreciation for his efforts.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I know nothing about doctorin' but maybe because he can be of more help as an extremely knowledgable orderly? And I'm guessing there are hoops to jump through before he can just step in as a doctor. Either way, good for him. 

Interesting:  “It was hard to jump in as a physician because I’m not really [a doctor] at this specific time,” Duvernay-Tardif told reporters in a teleconference on Friday.

Looks like LDT might really have been just the beginning. 4 Patriots opt out. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29551606/source-patriots-donta-hightower-opt-2020-season

Hightower is 30 and on what contract now? He's a smart dude too, calls the D formations.

Probably smart with $ mgmnt would be my guess. Can afford to take a year off with that young family, let them bones heal and let the 25 year olds spittle on each other.