Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you know...
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
It's been pretty rare we're drafting in top 10 over the history of the franchise. That's actually not a bad thing.

But man, if there was a guy there they loved over all this time? They had ample opportunities to get one. 

QB has been the achilles heel for the Vikings for a long time, which is why I just dont understand the KC dislike. The  streak that runs through so many fans - or at least vocal fans. 

Its like a hungry, destitute person turning down a really nice dinner.
in this day and age,  its not just having a quality QB,  its about having that quality QB before he wants to get paid like one.  KC is a good QB and could certainly luck into a SB,  but he is not  Brady or Rogers that has the skill to take a bunch of B level and lower guys to the promised land.  IMO the recipe for success if having a good base of top tier players at other positions and then getting lucky and adding that high quality QB like KC before his salary forces you to make cuts at other key positions.... oh and having it all come together with the right coaches and systems in place.
Yep. Depending on the makeup of a team, an average QB on a rookie deal is potentially more desirable than a good QB making top dollar. Again, it depends on the situation.
Kirk is a good QB but like @MaroonBells just pointed out, the Vikings' reluctance to draft "franchise" QBs with early draft capital is probably the biggest reason we don't have a Super Bowl trophy, IMO. Plenty of great players and teams over the years, so we as fans have it much better than some other franchises; I just hope someday we get to win the big one!

Remember when there was a dearth of good QB's in the league? And the ones coming out of college were just plain s hit?

Now look at it...

I wonder if this is just a function of the pro and college games coming together more over time?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Remember when there was a dearth of good QB's in the league? And the ones coming out of college were just plain s hit?

Now look at it...

I wonder if this is just a function of the pro and college games coming together more over time?
remember when young talent was given a year or two to learn the pro game before they were thrown to the wolves and not summarily dismissed as busts when they struggled a bit?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

Now look at it...

remember when young talent was given a year or two to learn the pro game before they were thrown to the wolves and not summarily dismissed as busts when they struggled a bit?
$$$$$$$$$

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

Now look at it...

$$$$$$$$$
seems to be the root of all evils.  the rookie cap was supposed to correct that issue,  but to date it doesnt seem to have moved that needle back much.  IMO the league needs to implement a rookie reserve system where they are like red shirt freshmen in college,  they can dress for some games and get a little game time,  but not enough to really contribute.