Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative Survival Guide
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
Just no end to the injustices you suffer, it is truly pitiful.
Well, if you haven't noticed: the ONLY way to win an argument these days... is to paint yourself as a victim.  That gives you unlimited credibility.  And whatever feelings you have, they HAVE to be acknowledged and accepted as facts- no matter how many actual facts (derived from objective data collection and research) may prove your feelings to be inaccurate.

Being a victim gives you unlimited authority and unquestionable integrity.  So, why shouldn't conservatives try to get in on that?

There's an awful lot of abused women who might take umbrage with that...
So, generally speaking, I assume that we agree (that it's wrong to use victimhood status for personal, ideological gain... especially when those claims are false and they weren't victims at all).    
Like the war on Christmas? Easter? Christianity? White people?

I'll get excited about putting Christ back in Christmas when I see some action putting Christ back into Christianity.

we have a new drinking game!   every time somebody uses the phrase "mental gymnastics" on VFans we all have to take a drink and the person using the phrase has to drink 3.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"BigAl99" said:
Well, if you haven't noticed: the ONLY way to win an argument these days... is to paint yourself as a victim.  That gives you unlimited credibility.  And whatever feelings you have, they HAVE to be acknowledged and accepted as facts- no matter how many actual facts (derived from objective data collection and research) may prove your feelings to be inaccurate.

Being a victim gives you unlimited authority and unquestionable integrity.  So, why shouldn't conservatives try to get in on that?

So, generally speaking, I assume that we agree (that it's wrong to use victimhood status for personal, ideological gain... especially when those claims are false and they weren't victims at all).    
Don’t forget the sacred fetuses of people they will never know, care about.  The children they will never support after they born UNLESS they sign up to serve America’s military global dominance at 18

“I don’t want the government telling me what to do, intruding on my life . . .  (Unless it comes from my belief in a historical set of fables set 2000 years ago with little to no scientific basis) . . So YOU better have that baby”.  

Baby is born.

“We need to cut entitlement programs, food stamps and welfare . . .

How exhausting the mental gymnastics must be

You must be exhausted. 

Don’t really have to say anything. Change is coming and you can see it happening with influential industries. Personally I am just looking for an America that works for all its people and when that happens we will be stronger than ever.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Skodin" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"BigAl99" said:

Don’t forget the sacred fetuses of people they will never know, care about.  The children they will never support after they born UNLESS they sign up to serve America’s military global dominance at 18

“I don’t want the government telling me what to do, intruding on my life . . .  (Unless it comes from my belief in a historical set of fables set 2000 years ago with little to no scientific basis) . . So YOU better have that baby”.  

Baby is born.

“We need to cut entitlement programs, food stamps and welfare . . .

How exhausting the mental gymnastics must be

You must be exhausted. 
Not one bit. I am just outlining the basic hypocrisy put forward by our religious Americans.  History is not on your side in this discussion

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
Don’t really have to say anything. Change is coming and you can see it happening with influential industries. Personally I am just looking for an America that works for all its people and when that happens we will be stronger than ever.
Surely you don't mean ALL of its people. Haven't you heard? Diversity is a bad for America. 

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
Well ok now.
Statues toppling in St Paul.  
https://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2020/06/10/minnesota-protesters-pull-down-columbus-

now had you done that earlier, and kept your guilty hands/consciences from sullying the South...I wouldnt have to have posted thoughts that made SFVF lose his shit.  
Now Michigan.  

I’d further  congratulate you for removing monuments in your own sphere (versus the South)...if they made more sense.

Congrats on Michigan debating on tearing down a monument celebrating the Emancipation Proclamation?

https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/lakeshore/ottawa/group-calls-for-
removal-of-ottawa-county-statue-with-confederate-soldier

meh, at least ya’ll  un-necessarily crazy in your own backyard.