Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching staff to be at team's facilities next week
At my work I"m listed as "Essential", so I have missed zero days off.  To me it's like any other day, just with a mask.  When I'm outside, I don't wear one.  Over time, people  will eventually go back to their everyday routines regardless.

Dolphins owner: There definitely will be an NFL season
By STEVEN WINE Associated PressMay 26, 2020 — 11:58am
MIAMI — Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross says he's confident the NFL will play in 2020, with or without spectators.
“I think there definitely will be a football season this year,” Ross said Tuesday during an interview on CNBC. “The real question is will there be fans in the stadiums?"
The NFL has said it expects to play a full schedule beginning Sept. 10, but is preparing contingency plans in case the coronavirus pandemic makes venue changes or games without fans necessary.
“Right now, today, we’re planning on having some fans in the stadiums,” Ross said. “But I think the NFL is very flexible so that we will be able to start on time and bring that entertainment that is really so needed to all of us in this country.”
The league has kept to its offseason schedule of conducting free agency, the draft and the release of the schedule. Some teams reopened training complexes on a limited basis last week.
The NBA, NHL and MLB have been idled by the pandemic.
"One thing we miss is our sports,” Ross said. “I don’t think a lot of people realize it until they no longer have it. Certainly the NFL, I think, will be ready to go. I know we’re all looking forward to it. I know I am.”
Earlier this month, the Dolphins said their stadium committed to becoming the first to receive accreditation from a cleaning industry association for infectious disease prevention efforts. CEO Tom Garfinkel said the team is considering social distancing proposals for games, and perhaps limiting crowds to 15,000.
“We’ve done a lot of things down in Miami," Ross said. “We’re prepared either way, and hopefully there will be fans in the stadiums."
Ross, a New York real estate developer and chairman of Related Companies, said the hotel and retail industries are being hit hardest by the pandemic.
“You are going to have such a flood of cases going to the bankruptcy court,” Ross said.

You are going to have to have some fans in the stands. It will not be close to full, of course not. Can't be yet. But it'll be way to odd and weird without at least 10,000 fans placed around a stadium that holds 70,000. You can socially distance that amount. You can safely exit them and enter them at that amount. Slow entry and slow exit. Spaced. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
You are going to have to have some fans in the stands. It will not be close to full, of course not. Can't be yet. But it'll be way to odd and weird without at least 10,000 fans placed around a stadium that holds 70,000. You can socially distance that amount. You can safely exit them and enter them at that amount. Slow entry and slow exit. Spaced. 
I think I heard them say last night that one stadium,  i didnt catch which one,  was modeled for hosting fans in a way that would honor social distancing and they said they would get about 3800 fans in there and be able to keep people spaced out enough to have good egress and what not.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I think we should all just expect that several players are going to get Covid. I'm sure the NFL knows this, but what I'm curious about...is there a percentage they will tolerate before shutting it all down again? These players are some of the most fit humans on the planet. I'm sure the danger to their lives/careers is infinitesimal.
 NBA, MLB and NHL will show if playing is possible.

my guess is the season gets cancelled if any team, in any sport has an outbreak such that they can't compete.

NFL will be able to learn by the examples of MLB,NHL and NBA.

It's like a big science experiment that involves billions of dollars, I wanna see how this plays out.ff.

Quote: @Mattyman said:
@MaroonBells said:
I think we should all just expect that several players are going to get Covid. I'm sure the NFL knows this, but what I'm curious about...is there a percentage they will tolerate before shutting it all down again? These players are some of the most fit humans on the planet. I'm sure the danger to their lives/careers is infinitesimal.

my guess is the season gets cancelled if any team, in any sport has an outbreak such that they can't compete.

It's like a big science experiment that involves billions of dollars, I wanna see how this plays out.ff.
I agree,  imo the players unions will be a big part of how this all goes down.  Although I also think the potential loss of billions in contracts will make them play regardless. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Mattyman said:
@MaroonBells said:

I agree,  imo the players unions will be a big part of how this all goes down.  Although I also think the potential loss of billions in contracts will make them play regardless. 

they already liken themselves to gladiators, playing this brutal game despite the longterm health issues it causes.  Catching a flu probably isn't gonna stop them.