Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Little Richard

The guy could play, sing, and was an influential performer; an underrated icon.  RIP Little Richard

I’m grateful that even at an early age I knew the difference between Little Richard’s Long Tall Sally and Pat Boone’s version.  And I knew which one was better.  He used to say, if Elvis is the KING of rock and roll, then I am the QUEEN!”  Lol. Flamboyant and raw and true to,himself.  Many years ago I met him in the lobby of the Hyatt hotel on the sunset Strip. (I later found out that was where he lived when he was not on tour.). I was living in NY but had come out to LA on business.  I saw him, introduced myself, chatted very briefly and we parted.  When I got back to the hotel that night the desk clerk said, “ oh, I have something for you.” It was an autographed picture of little Richard with a note.  Very classy. 

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
I’m grateful that even at an early age I knew the difference between Little Richard’s Long Tall Sally and Pat Boone’s version.  And I knew which one was better.  He used to say, if Elvis is the KING of rock and roll, then I am the QUEEN!”  Lol. Flamboyant and raw and true to,himself.  Many years ago I met him in the lobby of the Hyatt hotel on the sunset Strip. (I later found out that was where he lived when he was not on tour.). I was living in NY but had come out to LA on business.  I saw him, introduced myself, chatted very briefly and we parted.  When I got back to the hotel that night the desk clerk said, “ oh, I have something for you.” It was an autographed picture of little Richard with a note.  Very classy. 
Great story, thanks for sharing, CA.