Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFLN "Draft Recap" Yuck.
Man I wish I knew how to post memes / gifs / etc.  I would love to put up the one where Barney (from the Simpsons) is saying, "Just hook it right up to my veins!"   =)

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: 6g7LmGYL_normal.jpg]
Evan Silva
@evansilva
· 2h
Bob McGinn, who’s reported on the #Packers for 4 decades, suggests here their trade up for Jordan Love was a power move by Matt LaFleur, who has “simply had enough of Rodgers’ act” and the Love pick “would gain leverage with their imperial quarterback.”

https://theathletic.com/1780592/2020/04/...ticle…Show this thread
I actually thought this when they made the pick. Next time Rogers wants a big payday, or complains too much they ship him off in a trade.

I just love to see Rogers’ pouting. 

Interesting bit from a McGinn article via The Athletic on Packers QB Jordan Love.
[Image: EWukbeTXgAIcqVu?format=jpg&name=small]

Love stats from college:

61% completion %
60 TD's
29 Int's 
2.4 yards a carry
Competition: Mountain West Conference

Review his TD highlights and then Interceptions.  

Very late on several quick outs that were returned for easy TD's
Only makes 1 read on pretty much every throw I saw both TD's and Int's
throws into double coverage (mostly because he only has 1 read)

I see a live arm and he throws effortlessly but he has a very long way to go in the NFL.

(disclaimer:  this is just my opinion I am not a coach, have never played QB, just another blogger)

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Interesting bit from a McGinn article via The Athletic on Packers QB Jordan Love.
[Image: EWukbeTXgAIcqVu?format=jpg&name=small]
That was the part of him that worried me the most...  you play well in 2018 with a bunch of talent around you and then you get a new offensive coach, new offense, and lose some of your top weapons...  And you do THAT?  It was a big red flag for me. 

I would have expected some struggles, but he did not play well and his games were littered with turnovers and poor decisions.  I don't believe that is something you can coach out of a player.  When the bullets are flying, you do what you do...  some guys have it and others don't.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
Love stats from college:

61% completion %
60 TD's
29 Int's 
2.4 yards a carry
Competition: Mountain West Conference
Compare with: Nate Stanley pick #244
58.2% completions
68 TD 
23 INT
Competition: Big 10/11/12/13/14

Although Stanley still had the same head coach+OC in 2019, he also lost his top 3 receivers from 2018.  While like Love his TD's crashed (from 26 to 16), unlike Love his INT's also went down (from 10 to 7).