Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the Starting Corners Going to Be?
if you spend a 1st round pick on a CB he had better be able to start right away!

Gladney reminds me a lot of Terence Newman. Similar build, gameplay. Newman was probably a bit more dynamic, he was a return man after all. As for Gladney turning 24 during the season, I think Newman came into the league as a 25 year old.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Honestly, this is Holton Hill's chance to be legit. Step up, stay clean, play well and start all year long at CB would go along way toward the organization trusting him to a much better extent. And he's on the last year of his contract, he'll be a RFA in 2021. 

Pull your head out of you ass, kid. You can undue all the bad this season and have a great future. The guy just turned 23 years old in March. If he's got any 'want to' and foresight/maturity in him, the bulb will go on this year. 

Best case scenario for the team is Hughes and Hill, with Gladney in at nickel/slot as starters/contributors for all of 2020. Any vet signed now will be a lesser than talent, but still important for depth/trust. 
New CBA makes Vikings and Hill sleep better at night...Plus a few tokes before bed. 

I think this is about as close to a free for all as you can get.  I wouldn't be shocked to see a veteran presence.  As things stand now, I think your 2 CB starters would be Hughes and Gladney.  Your Nickle CBs would be Hill and Gladney on the outside and Hughes on the inside.