1. Antoine Winfield
  2. Kyle Dugger
  3. Ashtyn Davis
  4. Xavier McKinney
  5. Terrell Burgess

No Cushenberry? 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
No Cushenberry? 
Yeah, he should definitely be in there. I just like the tackles who project to guard more...Bartch and Adeniji. Judging from the rankings by connected writers (McGinn and Brandt), you can probably take Muti off this list. It's clear that the NFL is very concerned about his injury history. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
No Cushenberry? 
Yeah, he should definitely be in there. I just like the tackles who project to guard more...Bartch and Adeniji. Judging from the rankings by connected writers (McGinn and Brandt), you can probably take Muti off this list. It's clear that the NFL is very concerned about his injury history. 
The other day I mentioned Muti as an UDFA...I might use one of our soon to be half dozen 7th round picks it he lasts...

Thanks for this. Are you doing it by Vikings scheme fit, or just overall rankings? Also, I see you love Terrell over Okudah & Henderson. Why do you think he's better?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
No Cushenberry? 
The other day I mentioned Muti as an UDFA...I might use one of our soon to be half dozen 7th round picks it he lasts...
Definitely worth a flyer at some point. Could be a Lael Collins type pick. Have to wonder where he'd go if NFL team doctors were able to check him out. 

Geez! You hate Ruggs' guts haha!
This is interesting content, thanks for posting.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Geez! You hate Ruggs' guts haha!
This is interesting content, thanks for posting.
Ha! No, I don't hate Ruggs. He's the fastest receiver in this class. But here's how I approach it. If I ranked them just on college production, height, weight, and speed, he would be in the top 3. But I know, as everyone should know, that nearly half of these guys are going to bust. So by me not putting Ruggs in my top five, it's just my way of saying that this is my pick to be one of the busts from this group. Same with Becton and Delpit. Couple things I don't like about Ruggs. He's timid in traffic and he's a chest catcher. 

It's not an exact science; I'm just guessing like everyone else. Ruggs could be Tyreek Hill and prove me dead wrong. But if you look through draft history, you'll see it's littered with 4.2 and 4.3 receivers who were taken in the 1st round...and were flat out busts. John Ross, Corey Coleman, Will Fuller, Kevin White, Breshad Perriman, Philip Dorsett, Tavon Austin, AJ Jenkins. DHB, Troy Williamson, Ashley Lelie, As I said before, if it were like a third or a half, that would be one thing, but damned if it isn't like 90%. Why? No clue. But every damn team who took the above players thought they were getting an All Pro. It's not like speed is a bad thing, but I do think it artificially inflates their value.