Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media Bias: Biden vs Kavanaugh

I knew there was a bias but I didn't realize that there was such a large discrepancy in coverage from Kavanaugh to Biden in regards to their sexual assault allegations.

NYT originally wrote the following in their tweet and news article:

There's no evidence of misconduct from Joe Biden beyond hugs, kisses, and touching.

They then deleted the sentence.  I have the screen capture.  Weird shit.  

The ones calling for Kavanaugh to be rejected because you have to believe the woman ... all silent on twitter about the Biden hypocrisy.  

I wonder why they won’t address it.  It is almost as if the Kavanaugh accuser was a setup and political tool. 

Maybe someone here can.  

This is from a Brad Parscale tweet.  Can't seem to get a good formatted tweet here.
edit:  I think this is the number of articles on each site that show up when you search for the accusers names.
Quote:The Washington Post:
Christine Blasey Ford: 100+
Tara Reade: 0

The New York Times:
Christine Blasey Ford: 90+

MSNBC:

CNN:

Quote: @"medaille" said:
This is from a Brad Parscale tweet.  Can't seem to get a good formatted tweet here.

what is he referencing here?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"medaille" said:

The Washington Post:

The New York Times:
Christine Blasey Ford: 90+

MSNBC:

CNN:
what is he referencing here?
Edited the post for clarity, but I think this is the number of articles on each site that show up when you search for the accusers names or something similar to that.

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
The ones calling for Kavanaugh to be rejected because you have to believe the woman ... all silent on twitter about the Biden hypocrisy.  

I wonder why they won’t address it.  It is almost as if the Kavanaugh accuser was a setup and political tool. 

Maybe someone here can.  
@rosemcgowan addressed it:

As a survivor, the way you launched into this woman’s assault is truly vile. I feel violated by your shitty writing  @bethreinhard. @washingtonpost your motto is ‘Democracy Dies in Darkness’ well I guess it’s dead because you are dark. Evil lives and it loves the DNC

To be fair, I don't think 30 year old allegations should come up at politically convenient times to bite the candidates, I'm mostly concerned with how biased the coverage was against Kavanaugh, and how non-existent it is against Biden.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
To be fair, I don't think 30 year old allegations should come up at politically convenient times to bite the candidates, I'm mostly concerned with how biased the coverage was against Kavanaugh, and how non-existent it is against Biden.
I think we are our past,  but we also have the ability to change who we are and unfortunately there seems to be an organized effort to allow some peoples past to get glossed over( or not even look into them at all)  vs others that have a skeleton blown into a scandal like the body is still warm. 

EDIT:   and this goes both ways... neither side is IMO innocent of this type of political blinder reporting.