Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Draft - Interior Decorating needed
I am not a draft guru and don't watch a ton of college football so I do rely on Walter's, Miller, Bleacher, PFF and our very own guru's on this site.

Watching us get manhandled, right up the middle on both sides, vs the 49'ers calls for a whole new interior decorating - IMO.

I am talking the interior of both lines, not Tackles or DE's.  I am talking Guards and DT/3T.

The draft supposedly only has 2 top 15 IDL - Brown and Kinlaw - and zero IOL, correct?

Defense Interior: 

Most of the mock drafts have Kinlaw falling into the 15/16 range and even occasionally Brown.  Would you trade up into the 15 range to grab Kinlaw?  I am leaning that way.

Offense Interior:

I have no clue who can come in as a rookie and make an immediate impact?  We need an immediate impact.  Bradburry was OK (according to most analysts) but nothing great at Center so is Ruiz a good early round 2 pick?  Would we have to do the 
interior shuffle again with Elf, Bradbury, Ruiz bouncing between Center and Guard.

This draft does not look like it provides for immediate rookie impact on either Interior line with the exception of moving up for Kinlaw IMO.

Minny there are very few gurus here, definately some smart and insightful posters. I similarly dont study this stuff but i do look at vids and read much of the scouts info. 

It looks like the best value in the draft is early 2nd round. i hope we can trade back one of the 1sts unless Herbert falls. I would not pass him up at 22. 

I like Gallimore as a 2nd tier IDL after Kinlaw and Brown. Ruiz looks like one of the better IOL prospects. Looks like OT is much deeper

I like your take on strong up the middle and think your thinking is in line with Z’s philosophy.  In another thread I talked about taking Murray and would strongly consider Queen if he falls to us. 
We are going to run and stop the run with this staff and front office, that is the reality as long as Zimmer is here

Quote: @"Bullazin" said:
Minny there are very few gurus here, definately some smart and insightful posters. I similarly dont study this stuff but i do look at vids and read much of the scouts info. 

It looks like the best value in the draft is early 2nd round. i hope we can trade back one of the 1sts unless Herbert falls. I would not pass him up at 22. 

I like Gallimore as a 2nd tier IDL after Kinlaw and Brown. Ruiz looks like one of the better IOL prospects. Looks like OT is much deeper

I like your take on strong up the middle and think your thinking is in line with Z’s philosophy.  In another thread I talked about taking Murray and would strongly consider Queen if he falls to us. 
We are going to run and stop the run with this staff and front office, that is the reality as long as Zimmer is here
I like Blacklock a little better than Gallimore because he would be your new 3T. I think Galliomore is a better fit at Nose which is what Pierce was brought in for. Both are 2nd rounders. Ruiz is getting first round buzz. He won't be available at 58 so if we can't trade down at 25, we would need to take him a little earlier than I would like to but still a solid choice to fix the interior of the OLine. You have to be scratching your head though at the decision to cut Klein vs. getting rid of Elf. I'm not sure the current staff has the ability to fix the offensive line based on their track record so far. 

Quote: @"minny65" said:
I am not a draft guru and don't watch a ton of college football so I do rely on Walter's, Miller, Bleacher, PFF and our very own guru's on this site.

Watching us get manhandled, right up the middle on both sides, vs the 49'ers calls for a whole new interior decorating - IMO.

I am talking the interior of both lines, not Tackles or DE's.  I am talking Guards and DT/3T.

The draft supposedly only has 2 top 15 IDL - Brown and Kinlaw - and zero IOL, correct?

Defense Interior: 

Most of the mock drafts have Kinlaw falling into the 15/16 range and even occasionally Brown.  Would you trade up into the 15 range to grab Kinlaw?  I am leaning that way.

Offense Interior:

I have no clue who can come in as a rookie and make an immediate impact?  We need an immediate impact.  Bradburry was OK (according to most analysts) but nothing great at Center so is Ruiz a good early round 2 pick?  Would we have to do the 
interior shuffle again with Elf, Bradbury, Ruiz bouncing between Center and Guard.

This draft does not look like it provides for immediate rookie impact on either Interior line with the exception of moving up for Kinlaw IMO.
I wouldn't trade up for Kinlaw. Too expensive unless he falls to 18 to 20 ish, which I don't think will happen. The only trade up I'd be in favor of is trading up small (to 20) for Justin Jefferson. The Eagles will likely take him at 21 if we don't.

Regarding IDL, I think Neville Gallimore is the most underrated player in the entire draft, and I think we can get him somewhere between 25 and 45. There are a couple other 3Ts in that area that I'd be fine with as well. If we miss on all, McTelvin Agim later on is a guy we've been looking at.  I also think Raekwon Davis is being a little underrated. 

Ruiz is a good player, but I don't think you want anyone "bouncing." If you draft Ruiz you put him at guard and leave him there. Otherwise you get a repeat of Bradbury's rookie season at center with Ruiz... and Bradbury basically repeating his rookie season learning a new position at guard. 

If Kinlaw gets passed 13, I'm on the phone to move up. A disruptive 3T is the deodorant our secondary will need...

I get Ruiz at 25 and just about everything else is just details after fixing the interior of both lines...