Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Look Sharpe!
Thielen will be 32 in the 3rd year of the rebuild. Finding younger guys like this plus the historically good WR WR Draft is needed to bulk the position up not just now but for the long term as well. 

Now the really interesting question becomes do they use a 1st on Receiver. I can see both sides of the argument. Mims and Jefferson have higher ceilings but Johnson or Ceephus in the 3rd with high floors might represent the better value and allow the Team to stay focused on the Lines in the 1st Round. 

If i remember right, Tajae sharpe's best game was the 1st game of his career which was against the Vikings in 2016.

I watched the Gopher's Tyler Johnson play, really like his potential. He looked like a pro playing in the Big 10. Separation, hand/eye, elusive and 6/2 and 205 to boot. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I watched the Gopher's Tyler Johnson play, really like his potential. He looked like a pro playing in the Big 10. Separation, hand/eye, elusive and 6/2 and 205 to boot. 
That would be really nice

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I like Tyler Johnson a lot too and would love to snag him with one of our third round picks. If we don't select a receiver in the first round then I'd be happy with KJ Hamler in the second and Tyler Johnson in the third. That allows us to address CB, OL, and DT with our other three picks in the first three rounds.

Assuming Sharpe is the #2 WR is silly. Sometimes I wonder who these reporters are talking to. He’s a decent possession WR at a good price. I’m not sure if he’s any better that Treadwell and at least Treadwell could block well.

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
Assuming Sharpe is the #2 WR is silly. Sometimes I wonder who these reporters are talking to. He’s a decent possession WR at a good price. I’m not sure if he’s any better that Treadwell and at least Treadwell could block well.
Sharpe's rookie year was better than Treadwell's entire career with Minnesota. He is without a doubt better than Treadwell

Nice signing.  Got a #3-level WR for peanuts.  Now we have a #1 and 2 #3's (Bisi and Sharpe).  Next thing is to draft a guy to develop into #2.