Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for the rest of this Offseason.
Man, this was not how I imagined the offseason to go. But I still think there's ways to salvage it and go forward with a competitive team. I figured I'd look at possibilities that could come to fruition, based on chatter out there. So, without any further adieu....here, we, go!

Defensively:
Re-sign Griff.
Cut Shamar.
Trade Ant Harris, either for a 2nd or see if Cleveland is interested in swapping Bitonio for him, or if NE wants to swap Thuney for him.
Re-sign Sendejo.
Sign CB Nickell Roby-Coleman.

Offensively:
Sign Breshad Perriman.
Re-sign Rashod Hill.

ST:
Re-sign Bailey.

Draft:
1st - Justin Jefferson (WR)
1st - Antoine Winfield Jr. (S)
2nd - Cesar Ruiz (G) *If not traded for a G
2nd - Damon Arnette (CB)
3rd - Jordan Elliott (DT)
3rd - Jabari Zuniga (DE)
4th - Tyler Johnson (WR)
5th - Shyheim Carter (S)
6th -  Troy Dye (LB)
6th - Luke Farrell (TE)
7th - Levonta Taylor (CB)
7th - DeeJay Dallas (RB)

Roster looks like this:

QB - Cousins, Mannion
WR - Thielen, Perriman, Jefferson, B. Johnson, T. Johnson
RB - Cook, Mattison, Boone, Dallas, Ham (FB)
TE - Rudolph, I. Smith, Conklin, Farrell
OL - Reiff, Ruiz, Bradberry, Samia, O'Neill, Hill, Elflein, Collins, Udoh

DL - Hunter, Elliott, Pierce, Griffen, Odenigbo, J. Johnson, Watt, Holmes, Zuniga
LB - Barr, Kendricks, Wilson, Gedeon, C. Smith, Dye
CB - Hughes, Arnette, Roby-Coleman, H. Hill, Boyd, Taylor
S - H. Smith, Winfield Jr., Sendejo, Carter

K - Bailey
P - Colquitt
LS - Cutting

This is just me killing time & anxiety and doing it off the cuff. How would I do it? TF do I know. I'll let Brez and Rick figure out cap stuff, etc.

What would you guys do?

Baily is looking at 2 other teams. Dont pencil him in yet.

Quote: @Norse said:
Baily is looking at 2 other teams. Dont pencil him in yet.
Not penciling anyone after what's been going on the last couple of days. Just what I'd like to see happen, if possible.

I think there are few guys on our roster that may be starters next year.

DL: Armon Watts could surprise. Odenigbo if Griffin is lost

CB: total wildcard but guys already on the roster who could surprise: Mark Fields - Nickel corner, Kris Boyd. Hughes and Hill May be pretty decent if they’ve both progressed.

OL: We might have a better situation than we realize. There’s some developing talent that could step up. I don’t necessarily think it’s as big a need as most.

WR: I think Bisi Johnson is better than Perriman. For me, Perriman hasn’t shown much. We have Beebe & Davis yet. This is one spot I see a first round pick going. 

You have the team re-signing 3 guys and adding 2. Do they even have the cap room to do half of that?

Quote: @FSUVike said:
You have the team re-signing 3 guys and adding 2. Do they even have the cap room to do half of that?
I'll let Brez handle that part. Guy's a math magician, he's pulled quite a few rabbits out of his ass when pressed up against the cap. Cutting Shamar & trading Harris would certainly help, I imagine. And if they extend Cook then I'd venture to guess that would help as well.

Again, just having some shits and giggles so I don't pull my hair out.

Love the Perriman move.  Adding him with AT and Bisi plus Rudy, Irv would still be dangerous.  Get something out of a WR in the draft and you have a less expensive yet dangerous offense

I would like at 25 and think about moving it to Indy for their 2nd round picks (34 and 44).  With a Harris trade, that would give us yes

(1) 1st (DT)
(4) 2nds (OG, OT, DE, CB)
(2) 3rds (BPA, WR)

with 7 picks in the top 100

we can add OG, OT, CB, WR, DE, DT, BPA

We also might gain some cap space if a team signs Kline. If there's offset language in his contract then the Vikings will get cap credit to cover his guaranteed salary in a new deal elsewhere.