Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings, Stefon Diggs parted because of irreconcilable differences
So I guess you guys think it was a fluke when rookie qb Josh Allen and the Bills came into our house the year after we played in the NFCC game and took us to the woodshed. I really thought Zimmer would have the team ready for the Bills because 4 years earlier the Bills had a miracle finish to beat us at their house. And don't forget about last season's playoffs; the Bills had the Texans on the rope and Watson had to play an unbelievable 4th qtr to pull that game out.

Mark my words; If there is a season the Bills will win their division and will be a very tough out in the playoffs.

Quote: @FLVike said:
So I guess you guys think it was a fluke when rookie qb Josh Allen and the Bills came into our house the year after we played in the NFCC game and took us to the woodshed. I really thought Zimmer would have the team ready for the Bills because 4 years earlier the Bills had a miracle finish to beat us at their house. And don't forget about last season's playoffs; the Bills had the Texans on the rope and Watson had to play an unbelievable 4th qtr to pull that game out.

Mark my words; If there is a season the Bills will win their division and will be a very tough out in the playoffs.
No doubt. Allen needs to play better, but that is one of the better teams in the NFL...and they just got a whole helluva lot better. 

Quote: @FLVike said:

Agreed. Buffalo is a talented team and just got better with Diggs. Its not like Josh Allen isn't going to improve, also. Will he be the most accurate QB in the league? Nope. But he'll get better in all phases and is a hell of an athlete. 

Found this on Walter's:

[Image: billsb_logo.gif] [Image: vikingsb_logo.gif]
Bills acquire WR Stefon Diggs and 2020 7th-rounder from Vikings for No. 22 overall pick, 2020 5th- and 6th-rounders, 2021 4th-round pick
I can almost imagine Bill O'Brien looking at the news and thinking, "Oh wow, I could've gotten a first-round pick for my receiver like the Vikings did?" Except, he's not doing that. I have it on good authority that O'Brien is currently gazing upon his reflection in the mirror and telling himself how smart he is at football.

The Vikings are getting appropriate compensation for Diggs. A first-round selection is essential for a No. 1 wideout like Diggs - Hopkins is even better - and the Vikings are also getting a package of picks on top of that. Diggs has made it known that he doesn't want to play with Kirk Cousins, so despite this apparent lost leverage, it's nice that the Vikings were able to obtain fair market value for him.

Meanwhile, the Bills are getting the No. 1 they sorely need. They have John Brown and Cole Beasley on their roster, but they are No. 2 and 3 receivers, respectively. Diggs theoretically will make everyone better, and that includes Josh Allen, who suddenly has a very potent arsenal at his disposal. My one concern here is that Diggs will continue to create problems in the locker room because he's a drama queen, but I like this move overall for both teams.

Grade for Bills - A-
Grade for Vikings - A-

Quote: @minny65 said:
Found this on Walter's:

[Image: billsb_logo.gif] [Image: vikingsb_logo.gif]
Bills acquire WR Stefon Diggs and 2020 7th-rounder from Vikings for No. 22 overall pick, 2020 5th- and 6th-rounders, 2021 4th-round pick
I can almost imagine Bill O'Brien looking at the news and thinking, "Oh wow, I could've gotten a first-round pick for my receiver like the Vikings did?" Except, he's not doing that. I have it on good authority that O'Brien is currently gazing upon his reflection in the mirror and telling himself how smart he is at football.

The Vikings are getting appropriate compensation for Diggs. A first-round selection is essential for a No. 1 wideout like Diggs - Hopkins is even better - and the Vikings are also getting a package of picks on top of that. Diggs has made it known that he doesn't want to play with Kirk Cousins, so despite this apparent lost leverage, it's nice that the Vikings were able to obtain fair market value for him.

Meanwhile, the Bills are getting the No. 1 they sorely need. They have John Brown and Cole Beasley on their roster, but they are No. 2 and 3 receivers, respectively. Diggs theoretically will make everyone better, and that includes Josh Allen, who suddenly has a very potent arsenal at his disposal. My one concern here is that Diggs will continue to create problems in the locker room because he's a drama queen, but I like this move overall for both teams.

Grade for Bills - A-
Grade for Vikings - A-
The most reasonable and accurate assessment of the trade that I've seen.