Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Wilson Tendered at the 2nd Round Level

[Image: 8mPWuxul_bigger.jpg]
#Vikings gave restricted free agent LB Eric Wilson a second-round tender, source says

For the record that come in at $3.3M. Vikings quickly working through their cap space. 

Was just going to ask, what do we have left? We'll need ~$8 for rookies...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Was just going to ask, what do we have left? We'll need ~$8 for rookies...
$3.6M after you account for top-51 roster rules. But sitting at around $6M when accounting for that. 

Better to try and keep your own up and comers than pick thru other team's trash. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Better to try and keep your own up and comers than pick thru other team's trash. 
I'm particularly high on Wilson. Ever since taking over for Gedeon he made huge steps. His athleticism does a lot for the defense. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@StickyBun said:
I'm particularly high on Wilson. Ever since taking over for Gedeon he made huge steps. His athleticism does a lot for the defense. 
he has had a few mistakes at key times,  but IMO those are over looked when you account for what he shows the rest of the time and he is pretty versatile in his abilities.   I like the depth he provides at the position and 3.3 is hardly going to be the contract that kills the cap.  good move IMO.

He definitely makes some splash plays...usually to our benefit.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@StickyBun said:
He needs better gap discipline, but his upside is higher than Gedeon's. Vikings probably think they can teach him that. Can't teach Gedeon to be an athlete. 

Gedeon is more of a shorter area, run stopper/thumper.  Wilson is a smaller, faster coverage/blitzing LB.  Two really different types of players.  Situationally they could both be useful in certain packages.  Though not sure of Gedeons future with all the concussions.