Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colts Sign Castonzo For 2 Years $33 Million
[Image: Indianapolis%20Colts.png]
Colts signed LT Anthony Castonzo to a two-year, $33 million contract extension.The Colts' left tackle since 2011, Castonzo began the offseason considering retirement. 2020 will be his age-32 campaign. Castonzo missed the first five games of 2018 with a hamstring injury but rebounded to start all 16 contests in 2019. Even with Jacoby Brissett often holding onto the ball for too long, Castonzo once again graded out as one of the best tackles in the league by Pro Football Focus. The Colts' next order of business will be deciding whether to upgrade Brissett or add competition.

So who wants to play hardball with Reiff?

Exactly. When this is done, his contract will be quite palatable.

Colts LT Anthony Castonzo's deal's pretty straight forward: Two years, $33 million. He has a $10M roster bonus due next week, and a $7M base. And a $6M roster bonus due next March, with a $10M base for 2021.

(Plus a $500K incentive for Pro Bowl/All-Pro in each year.)

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
You have a good point. I've continually come back to suggest that its best to leave Reiff on his current deal for the time being. Personally I would still argue he probably isn't worth his cap hit, but you're not going to find an alternative for less. The deal becomes valuable if you reach the draft and find a replacement. At that point the Vikings have leverage for a renegotiation (Kyle Rudolph treatment) or can move on from Reiff post June-1. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
You have a good point. I've continually come back to suggest that its best to leave Reiff on his current deal for the time being. Personally I would still argue he probably isn't worth his cap hit, but you're not going to find an alternative for less. The deal becomes valuable if you reach the draft and find a replacement. At that point the Vikings have leverage for a renegotiation (Kyle Rudolph treatment) or can move on from Reiff post June-1. 
I've had the same argument multiple times on Twitter. The potential replacements who would provide immediate upgrades per the Twittershpere have ranged from Udoh, a career RT to anyone we could draft. 

He's definitely not worth what is currently the #11 payday, but he's solid. I can't help but believe putting a LG next to him who isn't a liability wouldn't help.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Why cut? Is there no trade market for a "OK" LT with a cap hit of $10,9M and $11,65M the two coming seasons with zero guaranteed money?

Interesting from
@MikeGarafolo: #Redskins OL Ereck Flowers is going to be a free agent and could command up to $10M per year. His market is strong.

Lol. Flowers is hot garbage. Anyone want to whine about Reiff still?

[Image: MaAIgBaS_normal.jpg]
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 7m
The #Dolphins agree to terms with Ereck Flowers on a $30M deal over 3 years with $19.95M fully guaranteed. Ereck is coming home to Miami, per @RosenhausSports.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
I've had the same argument multiple times on Twitter. The potential replacements who would provide immediate upgrades per the Twittershpere have ranged from Udoh, a career RT to anyone we could draft. 

He's definitely not worth what is currently the #11 payday, but he's solid. I can't help but believe putting a LG next to him who isn't a liability wouldn't help.
you young whipper snappers and your twitter. I wouldnt even know how tweet let alone have it be an argument.