Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 Seconds Of Austin Jackson

Reminded me of Kalil. LT 101, but gets beat too often for my liking. I need to watch more, but right now he's one I stay away from.

Player Summary - Austin Jackson is a promising OT prospect who has all of the physical tools to develop into a quality starter — but there's significant improvement needed in his fundamentals before he's ready to fill such a role. Jackson's footwork, hand placement, weight distribution and framing of blocks are all currently inconsistent and early reps are likely to yield irregular and inconsistent results. Jackson is likely best in zone heavy rushing offenses, where his mobility can win spacing at the POA. 

A two-year starter at left tackle for Southern Cal, Jackson offers an intriguing blend of length, mobility and a frame capable of adding more muscle to improve his play strength. While there are some appealing components to Jackson and his projection to the next level, he needs a technical overhaul in terms of his footwork to take advantage of his length and quickness. A scheme-specific prospect, Jackson is only a candidate for zone blocking run schemes as he lacks the play strength, bend and tenacity needed to uproot defensive linemen out of their gap. In addition, Jackson has to operate under better control and develop the technique needed to play with far better bend, body control and contact balance. Jackson has enough in the toolbox to develop into a starter but I don’t expect that to happen early in his career and he needs a considerable amount of work.