Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kubiak happy to be calling plays again...
When Zimmer asked Kubiak to take over for Stefanski after the season, Kubiak said he needed a couple of days to think before taking on the fourth coordinator job of his career. He beat his self-imposed deadline.
"I just said, 'Coach, do you mind if I go back home and mow some grass for a couple days or something to think about it?' " Kubiak, 58, said. "I told him two days, and I think I called him in about a day and a half. I was just really excited to do it."
Kubiak's impact on the Vikings' 2019 offense, which scored the eighth-most points in the NFL while incorporating many of the coach's longstanding principles, made him the logical choice to succeed Stefanski in 2020. His presence also brings continuity to a Vikings offense that's had little of it in recent years.
Zimmer said Tuesday the Vikings could see some changes in their passing game as a result of Kubiak replacing Stefanski as their play-caller, but the team's scheme and terminology will remain largely the same in what figures to be the least disruptive offseason for the Vikings' offense since 2016
http://www.startribune.com/gary-kubiak-i...567779442/

As he succeeds Stefanski, Kubiak — who's won four Super Bowls as a coach — figures to spend much of his offseason lending perspective to the Vikings' efforts to break through in the NFC after a 2-3 playoff record the past five years.
Those efforts will lean more on guile and effectiveness than a novel offensive scheme. From Kubiak's experience, all the Vikings can do is get ready to try again.
"The only way I know how to get over the hump is, keep going back to the hump," he said. "You've got to be good enough to get there every year, and find a way to be playing in January. I used to always preach to my teams, 'Hey, the bottom line [is], can we get ourselves in, and can we play better than anybody else for one month?' That's what this league boils down to: a lot of good coaches, a lot of good players, and a very fine line between being really successful and being successful."

Best possible situation for Minnesota. I also like Capers coming in to assist. So far, so good this offseason

'Hey, the bottom line [is], can we get ourselves in, and can we play better than anybody else for one month?' That's what this league boils down to: a lot of good coaches, a lot of good players, and a very fine line between being really successful and being successful."

Yep. Get in, get healthy and get hot. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
'Hey, the bottom line [is], can we get ourselves in, and can we play better than anybody else for one month?' That's what this league boils down to: a lot of good coaches, a lot of good players, and a very fine line between being really successful and being successful."

Yep. Get in, get healthy and get hot. 
Yes sir. Look at what Tennessee did this year in the playoffs. It for sure is a fine line.