Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Love this SB Ad...
Brilliant, poignant...

Go ahead, call me a rube, I loved this too...

"I ain't dancing" lol!  :p

I will tell you I hated the Google commercial.  All I could think was that Google already mines all information about what we do currently online and now they are trying to get us to share information about things in the past so they can build an even bigger and better profile of each of us.  I thought it was creepy that Google will stop at no means to collect more information about us.

The Google commercial was sappy as shit. Listen, I cry at movies and am a sensitive person. But what I hate is being manipulated into this kind of stuff (especially by a company like Google) and really, that's what some commercials do. Publix, a big grocery chain here in Florida is known for their heartfelt and sappy TV commercials but they are beloved by that demographic: 70+ year olds. Pandering.

I can get to that emotional, heartfelt level watching a movie. Or a video of a dog seeing an owner returning from service after 12 months.Or someone hearing a voice for the first time. Or the like. A commercial? Nope. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Brilliant, poignant...

yes and no.  it was sweet no doubt but the carrot for the stick of Google and big tech being so intertwined in our lives it is scary.  

Reminds me of a black mirror episode that allowed a woman to stay close to her recently dead husband as they aggregated all his conversations, viewpoints, online memories, and voice to make a digital him.  

all of this tech gives us something good but has potential consequences (some nefarious) to us and our society

execution, the story, fabulous.  what lurks behind it, not good