Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$18M in cap space, keeping Reiff and Griff
Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"FSUVike" said:
Barr isn't even remotely analogous to Rhodes. He does so many things that don't show up in the Stat Sheets. And those things he does allows Kendricks to play at an All Pro level. Barr is KJ Wright and Kendricks is Bobby Wagner. Wright gets very little attention but Wagner would not be who is has been without him.

True that the comparison isn't perfect and Barr is better than Rhodes. But a year ago, many people felt Barr was coming off a subpar year (many complaints about his coverage problems, especially against the Rams), plenty of feelings he made too few impact plays, and there was more than a bit of "good riddance" attitude when it appeared he was leaving.
Those people don't have a solid fundamental understanding of how Zimmer uses Barr. The Rams got him singled up on WRs by design. Mike has mostly corrected that. But Barr did see action covering Thomas in the Saints game. And was more than fine.

I just don't think Anthony is anything comparable to Rhodes or Griff. He's younger and does different things.  But I do share your concerns about holding on to either of them.  Griff's successors are already in-house. Rhodes' are likely not but he's too much of a liability to retain at any price.

And I disagree with Guru about the scheme change hurting him. Xavier was at the LOS a lot during the Skins game and was too slow to get lay a finger on McClarin repeatedly. His quick twitch is gone and that can be exploited at the Line or at the top of routes. When he was faster he could disrupt you at the snap and again at the top of the route. He's too slow to do either now and frankly was never good in zone going all the way back to his FSU days.