Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings First Team To Thirty

Sounds about right: good enough to make the playoffs... never good enough to win it all.

yay.

They should sell shirts at the stadium commemorating this next year.

For most of the fanbase, this seems good enough. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
For most of the fanbase, this seems good enough. 
Better to go to the dance with the chubby girl vs sitting at home jerking it?

Sure would be great to win one.  However, this obviously shows some organizational stability to get to the playoffs 30 times.  Wonder how many PO losses the Lions or Browns have.  I'm as disappointed as anyone that this team can't get over the hump and win a SB but we have enjoyed a lot a damn good teams over the years.

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
Sure would be great to win one.  However, this obviously shows some organizational stability to get to the playoffs 30 times.  Wonder how many PO losses the Lions or Browns have.  I'm as disappointed as anyone that this team can't get over the hump and win a SB but we have enjoyed a lot a damn good teams over the years.
I remember a similar thread a few years back.  With the Vikings history...highs, lows and frustrations...would you rather have that than say, the Buccaneers with their one SB win in 10 playoff appearances in 44 years?  Don't forget, Kansas City hasn't been to a SB..against us ironically...in 50 years and have been in the playoffs only 18 times since then.

Believe me, I have all the emotional scars and hair loss most of the long suffering Vikings fans have.  But in my minds eye, I still see Fran scrambling to avoid a sack, Page annihilating some OG before he can get out of his stance, Randy embarrassing some CB on a post route or AD leveling some safety who got in his way.  I cherish them all.

Yup, the Puker fans needle us with the empty SB trophy case memes and Bear fans glom onto 1985 as if it was yesterday.  But compared to over half the NFL, I'll take my belov'd purple any day.  

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:

Playoff VICTORIES would show organizational quality. I believe we moved into a tie with the Rams for 12th place with our defeat of the Saints.
Many fans of this team seem to fear having a few bad seasons so much that they won't risk it to try for a championship.