Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes me angry
our offense has as much talent and firepower as KC and Houston or anyone in the league and we cannot get these playmakers the ball in big games.

NO OL, you can thank the GM for that

KC does an amazing job of mixing up their plays, there are really hard to predict.  The complete opposite of our offense which had to be the most predictable offense I have ever seen.  How Stefanski gets a HC over Eric Bieniemy is complete BS.  I would say our play calling the past two years had to be the worst I have ever seen on this team.  

A QB that is the epitome of a statue in the pocket and poor OL play is not a recipe for much success if team have an athletic front 7 that can take away the run on their way to the QB without having to blitz.  Chicago and green bay have built those defenses and I dont see a cheap or quick answer to it.  

Kirk needs to spend the offseason running around in a small area with a bunch of people with sticks trying to hit him if he stays in 1 spot for a 2 count so he gets used to staying on the move.  

Its funny how we were rated so high rushing and supposedly have bad offensive line. Im not saying were great; we are a long ways away from the "piss poor" ones we've had in recent past - bullrushed through the ground all season.

Our offense reflected an inability to scheme anything successful around it in the passing game. An inability to grow. Its dumb because we have shown an ability to throw the ball. Its flashed over and over all season, enough to make Dalvin a top rusher. He picked the scraps of our passing threats.

Our offense ultimately reflected that we crossed those plays out and decided we're a run heavy team through gameplans and schemes. Our offensive attack for the two most important games of the season was terrible.

We should be complaining about or bad pass protection in a gameplan context at this point of the year. Not like were a 3-13 team that absolutely cannot throw the ball and shouldn't even try to force it, running screens even if they have every defensive lineman who wasnt let in covering it. 

(All that space must be like crack to a coordinator who cant create his own with route concepts)

These teams let it ride and let their shortcomings ride. We prepared for our shortcomings all week and rolled into the game without a gameplan. We funneled ourselves into changing passing gears; of course its going to be ugly against that defense when they know we have to throw.

Nothing we DO on offense keeps a defense off balance. They've rightfully stopped respecting Diggs and Cousins, Irv Smith and Rudolph, Cook out of the backfield... WE removed those threats and defenses knew:

Stop the run.
Closest hat covers the screen.
Early complex passing formations were bullshit - dont cover them.
When they give up, get after Kirk Cousins and play zone.

We needed to realize what gave us our rushing stregnth and been wide open from the get go. Not 7 step drop back wide open, just enough to say "we're here!" ... i thought that was what the TD to Diggs was...