Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blake Bortles and why its hard to change mechanics
Watched the preseason game last night between Tampa Bay and Jacksonville: Bortles was brutal. The coaches have worked with him to change his throwing mechanics and its messing with his head. He had wide open guys that he can't hit consistently now. He looked tentative, lacking in confidence. Marrone said the starting job is wide open between he and Chad Henne. Yuck.

Whenever I hear a staff mention they are working on changing throwing motions or mechanics for a QB, it so rarely works out. Under pressure or stress, they'll revert to what they've done the majority of their career. The media, both local and national, are questioning why there hasn't been more of a true QB competition before last night's shit show.

Ewww, that's right:

Andy Jerome Carlson‏Verified account @AndyCarlsonShow  5m5 minutes ago
Jaguars fans know what they did.
Andy Jerome Carlson added,
[Image: DHhGBDQV0AACHiM.jpg]

[Image: DHhGKu9UwAAAxC3.jpg]
Josh NorrisVerified account @JoshNorris

Imagine going from Blaine Gabbert to Blake Bortles.
1 reply0 retweets1 like

Sad, I hate seeing kids wash-out. Hopefully some better tales ahead for him.

I also saw a player on TB get a Sack and do the same celebration move as BRob!!   GRRRRRRRR  at least be original....

Amazed at the lack of fundamentals kids have...passing camps, passing academies...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Amazed at the lack of fundamentals kids have...passing camps, passing academies...
Pass blocking...