Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brez & RS; You're up
Everyone will be watching, waiting...

Don't f-up the window we got left. 

[Image: 350?cb=20100402161911]

We are under water on the cap...there are some tough cuts or changes coming...

Currently we have lame ducks at GM, HC, & QB...

I'd be fine with Shurmur coming back like he never left.

Stefanski is a Childress guy. Childress and Shurmur both worked under Andy Reid and rely on similar terminology and concepts. Much like Stefanski was able to hit the ground running off Shurmur/DeFillippo, Shurmur should be able to do the same thing.

We've talked a lot about adding new wrinkles or twists to what we have established; I think Shurmur would be the first place i'd start. He checks 2 boxes - he runs the same/similar offense and he has established passing success here with a lesser QB. I like what that ultimately will mean for the running game.

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
I'd be fine with Shurmur coming back like he never left.

Stefanski is a Childress guy. Childress and Shurmur both worked under Andy Reid and rely on similar terminology and concepts. Much like Stefanski was able to hit the ground running off Shurmur/DeFillippo, Shurmur should be able to do the same thing.

We've talked a lot about adding new wrinkles or twists to what we have established; I think Shurmur would be the first place i'd start. He checks 2 boxes - he runs the same/similar offense and he has established passing success here with a lesser QB. I like what that ultimately will mean for the running game.
100% agree.  This is best case scenario.  If Kubes stays that move would make me believe again that the impossible ( winning it all) is still possible. 

It's not like Shurmur left here on bad terms either. That's something that makes me raise eyebrows as fans on other social media platforms complain about the idea. "We need to move on!" they say.  From what?! Our OC being ripped away from us after losing a NFC Championship game with Case Keenum? 

Vikings might be in re-org mode. 2020 might be a year of change, with eyes toward 2021.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Vikings might be in re-org mode. 2020 might be a year of change, with eyes toward 2021.
We'll see..It could set-up for that with RS/MZ/KC all with one years remaining.

OTOH, it would be un-Wilf like imo to clean-house after a double-digit win season, full stands @ USB and a playoff win. 

Not saying thats enough to satisfy me as a fan, but I aint writing no checks either. 

This is going to be FASCINATING off-season for sure. 

When Shurmer left, he wanted Stef for coordinater, and ZImmer blocked it......might be bad feelings there. Also, would Pat want to work with Kubiak looking over his shoulder all the time?

This team will do what it did last time, and hire a guy from within the building.....my Guess is Kubiak's kid.

^ I guess that never crossed my mind when thinking about it. I'd understand that animosity. 

Maybe that's something a beer, some laughs over some really baaad playoff tape and a joke about dodging a bullet could resolve? Smile