Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is why you want the bye week
Quote: @"JoDakota" said:
How many sacks did our o-line give up? 6? How many hurries? Their d-line is impressive, our game plan/play calls fed into their strength. We really only took one decent shot down the field, and it end up in a TD. The rest of the passes were mostly bubble screens behind the line of scrimmage, which ended in little to no gain.

Offensive play calling and lack of adjustments during the game killed us. Our oline play killed Dalvin and Kirk's chances at success. Our D failed to adjust and stop the run.....the 49'ers played the game the vikings wanted to play.....run the ball successfully and stop the run and make the QB beat us......they ran it to perfection, and we stumbled......coaching is more to blame for this loss than the players. We didn't give them a game plan to succeed, and stubbornly refused to adjust to give them a chance.
Pretty sure 50% of those Kirk Cousins excuse sacks came in the last 100 seconds down by 17 points.

On a side note I agree the coaching staff sucks balls!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure a bye would have helped game planning wise.  Zims record coming off a bye is 2-4.
2014 L vs Bears 13-212015 W vs KC 16 - 102016 L vs Phi 10 -212017 W vs Washington 38-302018 L vs Bears 20-252019 L vs Seahawks 30-37

The offense didn't sustain any drives and the defense was on the field way too long.  If I remember correctly, the offense only had the ball for like 13 minutes near the end of the third quarter and only had managed five first downs mid-fourth quarter.  I think it was the last two drives were they narrowly missed joining two other teams as only having seven first downs in a game.

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
Vikings lost to a younger faster team. The old loser fogies on Vikes need replacing and probably the coaching has worn out its welcome as well.
I've never been a fan of Kevin Stefanski. Good luck, Cleveland. The guy is a flash in the pan. We need somebody much better if we'll ever be able to stand a chance. 

The deep shot touchdown... that was a fade route run on 3rd and 2! When you need a 1st down that's a double edged sword - if you beat the one one one you look genius even though the defense probably gave you that and rolled the dice on 1. it being drawn up 2. the WR winning off the line 3. the QB pulling the trigger 4. the WR catches it. If you don't convert once that ball is put up in the air, you only needed 2 yards... what are you doing, right?

Id eat whatever crow was served if we would have constantly been identifying these types of coverage advantages and at least threatened to press them. Instead, we didn't even try over the top again until we were in another 4th and 1 situation (in garbage time)

Can fade or fly routes only be called and thrown in short yardage situations? I feel like that's some KAO big brain shit.

Quote: @"BlackMagic7" said:
The deep shot touchdown... that was a fade route run on 3rd and 2! When you need a 1st down that's a double edged sword - if you beat the one one one you look genius even though the defense probably gave you that and rolled the dice on 1. it being drawn up 2. the WR winning off the line 3. the QB pulling the trigger 4. the WR catches it. If you don't convert once that ball is put up in the air, you only needed 2 yards... what are you doing, right?

Id eat whatever crow was served if we would have constantly been identifying these types of coverage advantages and at least threatened to press them. Instead, we didn't even try over the top again until we were in another 4th and 1 situation (in garbage time)

Can fade or fly routes only be called and thrown in short yardage situations? I feel like that's some KAO big brain shit.
Oh man, the KAO!   I have no idea what was going on in Stef's constipated cranium yesterday.  None.

Starting to look the 1st round bye might to be so important after all.. you watching the Chiefs vs Texans game?

EDIT:  Texans appear to being having a complete meltdown.  Not sure it is because they played last week though.