Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get this....
Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
I've been saying it all damn season: there are no great teams this season. Make the postseason, get hot and anything can happen.
Disagree, Baltimore is pretty darn good. 

edit, never mind its been covered 

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Watch for a renaissance of the FB position...it is after all a copycat league...
I never understood why the position ever went out of style.  Alstott, Neal, Centers, Kleinsasser, Tolbert....were a force.
There just weren't any around... when those guys started to retire, it coincided with the new rules that prevented CBs from touching WRs, so teams put all their money into QB/WR buckets. Now that the secondaries of the league have caught up to those types of passing offenses, teams are shifting attention back to the line.

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Watch for a renaissance of the FB position...it is after all a copycat league...
I never understood why the position ever went out of style.  Alstott, Neal, Centers, Kleinsasser, Tolbert....were a force.
T Rich and Neal were the best I can remember.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Ralphie" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
T Rich and Neal were the best I can remember.
Hams game reminds me a lot of Alstott in that they arent crushing blockers,   but they are adequate,  however they are very capable as ball carriers and as receivers out of the back field and are/were strong in pass protection.