Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you shitting me?? Huh??
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
As soon as Rudy split outside, did anyone think the ball was going anywhere else?
Nope.  Thought about the "little boy" moment earlier.  But it was a beautiful throw as well.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@greediron said:
@JR44 said:
Honestly, I am still stunned.  It still hasn't sunk in yet that we really won the game.  The way the game shifted, I just can't believe we won it.  All credit to Cousins for that last drive!  No one can ever say he can't get play in a big game.  The throw to Thielen was as great of a pressure throw that you will ever see.  
Same here. 

Zimmer has his team up for the big game, Rhodes was very good, Barr on Thomas?  This was a masterpiece against a very good team that battled back and made it a tough game. 
Griffin had a great game and they finally did what I said weeks ago....put him at the tackle spot to get pressure up the gut.  He's tough to handle.
The defensive game plan was masterful.  NO figured it out a bit in the 2nd half, but mostly it was Taysom Hill making incredible plays.  Barr on Thomas was genius.  He was invisible.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
As soon as Rudy split outside, did anyone think the ball was going anywhere else?
Aikman called it - soon as he saw the formation

Quote: @greediron said:
@Ralphie said:
@greediron said:
@JR44 said:
Honestly, I am still stunned.  It still hasn't sunk in yet that we really won the game.  The way the game shifted, I just can't believe we won it.  All credit to Cousins for that last drive!  No one can ever say he can't get play in a big game.  The throw to Thielen was as great of a pressure throw that you will ever see.  
Same here. 

Zimmer has his team up for the big game, Rhodes was very good, Barr on Thomas?  This was a masterpiece against a very good team that battled back and made it a tough game. 
Griffin had a great game and they finally did what I said weeks ago....put him at the tackle spot to get pressure up the gut.  He's tough to handle.
The defensive game plan was masterful.  NO figured it out a bit in the 2nd half, but mostly it was Taysom Hill making incredible plays.  Barr on Thomas was genius.  He was invisible.
It was the best game plan we've seen from Zimmer in a while. He showed that he still has some new wrinkles in his defense and responded great to the team being thin at corner. Moving Griffen and sometimes Hunter inside to generate quick pressure up the middle was great. Then responding to the Saints receivers with physical play was great and I don't think the Saints were expecting Sendejo at nickel or Barr on Thomas, but it worked. It's nice to see these new dimensions from the defense, especially when things looked impossible with both Alexander and Hughes out.