Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings open as biggest underdog this week...
Vikings + 8.0
Titans + 5.0 vs Patriots
Bills + 3.0 vs Texans
Eagles + 2.0 vs Seattle

https://www.bovada.lv/sports/football/nfl-playoffs

Not very surprising but I think the Vikes could surprise in this game.

Rightly so. Like I said earlier, we have to hope the Vikings are going to look like a different team than they've shown this year to win. Usually not a great recipe for a win.

Looking at it from a strictly gambling perspective, I would expect the Vikings to get blown out. But from a fan perspective, I think the Vikings could win if Zimmer has the stones to be aggressive. But I don't believe he does!

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Rightly so. Like I said earlier, we have to hope the Vikings are going to look like a different team than they've shown this year to win. Usually not a great recipe for a win.
I wouldn't say that. I would say the Vikings have to play like they played against Atlanta, Philly, Dallas, parts of GB1, KC, Seattle. They do that, they can win.

The problem is that New Orleans, at their best, is probably a little better than the Vikings at their best. And at their worst, they're probably quite a bit better than the Vikings are at their worst. 

New Orleans should be favored, but this is no slam dunk. I have a feeling when Vegas sees that Cook and Mattison are back (and Kendricks hopefully) that spread will go down a little bit.  

If the Saints get ahead and in control, the score could get ugly - Sean Peyton is an unkind man, and his owner and fans would love to see him hang 50 on the Vikings.

Remember, betting lines are to limit the Sports Book's risk and exposure and do not necessarily reflect what they think the final score will be. The early money is clearly on the Saints so they are trying to entice betters to take the Vikings and the 8 points to balance out their exposure. 

The Saints will try to win the game in the first quarter. The question is, does this Coach, QB, and this team have the intestinal fortitude to weather the storm, continue their hot streak of creating turnovers, and turning those turnovers into touchdowns and not settle for field goals? Nobody said it would be easy in the Big Easy.