Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since the Patriots are back in the news, an interesting article from 2015.
Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
@"greediron" said:
I brought this up earlier this year.  What will we find out about these guys down the road that led to winning 50% of the titles over their run?
Looks like my hunch was right.  These guys are addicted to winning and can't back off doing whatever it takes.
I agree. 

Belichek and Brady being the GOAT isn't enough to circumvent the effects of the salary cap,IMO. 

There seems to be a lack of common sense.

It's not that the Patriots are good, it's that they've been too good for too long. 

And given the way the ball bounces, it would stand to reason that chance would take some of those games as well.
One has to wonder what they figured out in the second half against the falcons? 

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
17 straight 10 win seasons.

I thought the function of the salary cap was to ensure that no team was capable of that kind of long term success.

His two seasons with less than 10 wins was 2000 (5-11) and 2002 (9-7).

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/c...eliBi0.htm

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
Imagine that.  What in gods green earth would the Cheatriots be in Cleveland for a Bengals vs Browns game if it wasn't to film for the Bengals game.
It just makes no sense that their explanation of "filming advanced scouting for our website" makes any sense.  Wouldn't you you filming your own coaches for advanced scouting fan pieces? 

I still think to this day that 41-0 was because the Giants were intercepting our calls over the helmet radios. 
they did.  the story died really quick too.  

The vikings should learn how to cheat better.