Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Best LT In Pac 12 Going To The NFLPA Bowl
[Image: University%20of%20Oregon.png]
Oregon senior T Calvin Throckmorton has accepted his invitation to play in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl.Throckmorton (6'6/318) is known for his versatility, as he was the only FBS lineman in 2018 to start at four different positions on the offensive line - RT, C, RG, LT. He has allowed only one sack over his last 31 games and has made 38 consecutive starts for the Ducks. Throckmorton was graded as the best tackle in the Pac 12 and seventh best in the nation by Pro Football Focus, so it's interesting to see such a highly decorated player not being invited to the Senior Bowl. Throckmorton's stock has dropped from his stellar 2018 and is now viewed as a Day 2 or 3 NFL Draft prospect.
SOURCE: NFLPA Collegiate Bowl

This is really weird...if we got this guy Day 3 of be damn pleased...

Super versatile, is better off at RT or OG but can also play Center.

Did you see the PFF PAC 12 player of the year?

LT Penei Sewell.  FREAK.  Still a true sophomore and will not declare as his little brother Noah just committed to Oregon and they want to play together.  Noah is 6’1, 270 lbs as high school senior - and he can run - plays MLB, rated #2 ILB in the country.

When Penei Sewell comes out he will be a Top 3 pick.  

Throckmorton and LG Shane Lemieux are having great seasons but for whatever reason are seen as Round 2-3 picks. Center Jake Hanson and RG Dallas Warmack (Chance’s little brother) will also get drafted in later rounds.  

Lemieux would be a good fit for our scheme...

Sewel is a beast...

We've seen guys perform well at the Shrine Bowl and go on and get an invite to the Senior Bowl, but I can't recall anyone going to the NFLPA bowl and getting a call up...this is just very surprising to me...

Reading a few scouting reports on this guy, he sounds like a day three guard prospect. Lumberer, waist bender, slow feet. Clearly he was effective at LT to get the grade he did from PFF, but that doesn't always translate to the NFL. 

I do know the NFLPA game is trying to get more exposure. They recently signed a deal with NFL Network to broadcast games through 2024. What I find funny is their marketing copy...
"The future of football is bright – and it’s right here. The NFLPA Collegiate Bowl is the premier postseason all-star game for any draft-eligible college football players." I read that three times to see if I missed a qualifier that would make that even remotely true. 

This is THE Draft to cement the O-Line. Just the Seniors alone could do it, let alone the Juniors that will declare.

And the real beauty of it is that Rick can go BPA on the Line. If a top LT prospect slips, grab him in the 1st. 

If you go 3T or DE in the 1st there will be a plethora of capable guys in the 2nd and 3rd. If a bona fide RT is there in the 2nd you take him. If an OT that projects to OG is there in the 3rd or 4th you take him and try him at both positions.

You'd have to really F Up to walk away from this Draft without a quality prospect to pair with Samia to supplant Elf and have insurance for the oft-injured Kline. But if the Chips fall right you can add 2 Starters to the group!

I'm not sure Samia is going to make the jump...The Dark Elf isn't the answer, and Kline can't stay healthy...Dozier is passable, but just barely...I think Oli makes an impact before Samia...

This guy is a G only. Absolutely abused out there.