Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Mock: Vikes go CB @ 24; Only one QB taken in Round 1
Quote:Round 1 - Pick 24 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-giants-keep-losing-but-land-chase-young-how-far-does-justin-herbert-free-fall/

[Image: denver-broncos-news-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]
A.J. Terrell CB
Clemson • Jr • 6'1" / 190 lbs 

Projected Team:  Minnesota 

PROSPECT RNK: 56th
POSITION RNK:7th 

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer loves big physical cornerbacks and Terrell is that and then some. Plus, Xavier Rhodes has really struggled in 2019 and former second-round pick Mackensie Alexander is in the final year of his rookie deal.

Wouldn’t he be available in the second round?

Crazy number of CBs available this coming year...I'm still hoping that OL is an early and often target...but we might be replacing both CBs...

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
Wouldn’t he be available in the second round?
Probably.  This mock does have 5 other CB's getting nabbed before him so maybe that's why he'd be taken in the 1st.  I still think OL and DT are more pressing needs. 

And more then 1 QB will get picked. Probably shouldn't but teams can't help themselves.

To BN's point, should be replacing both Rhodes and Waynes. I was Trae's biggest fan before he was drafted but I just don't see the production vs. what it's going to cost to resign him.

Mac is more interesting to me in that he's shown he can play the Slot but I also watched him play Outside and play it well in college.

If I'm calling the shots I move Mac outside and sign a FA for the Slot while spending a mid-round pick to develop to replace the FA in a few seasons.

Hughes and Mac outside. Veteran FA addition in the Slot. Hill in the Dime. Mid-Round draft pick and an UDFA to groom and as insurance against further issues with Hill.

DT and OL have to be 1st Round targets. I have a hard time going CB due to the depth of the class. So it will definitely be CB in the 1st and Rick trades out of the next 4 rounds to load up on 7ths, all of whom will make the team and contribute just to spite me.

Yup, Mac has learned to become an excellent slot guy, but his position is outside...it will be interesting to see how the off-season plays out for the back 4...Considering we are in nickel about 2/3rds of the time,  I'd start Mac wide, then put him in the slot as needed...Hughes and Hill round out the three...a bit of a risk, but the upside of that three some is worth some early failures...

But, as this is a CB rich draft, I'm almost certain we go there now...much to my shagrin...