Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow - Vikings got their stadium at a bargain price!!!
Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
JR was telling me what GREAT football fans they have in Los Angeles?? Riiiight.
We do have great SPORTS fans in LA. Go ahead and check the attendance records for the Dodgers, Lakers, USC and UCLA football. Not sure the last time the Dodgers didn't lead all of the MLB in attendance.  Hard to find a more loyal and passionate fan base than that of the Dodgers and Lakers.  

But according to you in order to be a great football fan that after having no football in your city for over 20 years and after you having established your favorite teams, that when a greedy owner decides to move his team to your city that you have to drop your allegiance to your team and now support another team.  Also, that regardless of how ridiculous the prices are, you need to take away from your mortgage (highest real estate in US), kids expenses, tuitions and spend it on tickets.  

Premier seats will cost $1,500-$2,000/season, with a seat license of 7,500-$15,000. Reserved seats are $600-$1,250, with seat license of $1,000-$5,000.

So while you want to call us bad football fans, I would say we are pretty smart not to jump at these prices!  Incredible that people want to bash us for not wanting to pay up to $15,000 just to be able to buy tickets!

Also, I believe you live in Florida and I am pretty confident you are not wearing a Dolphins, Bucs or Jags jersey or have season tickets, so am I am to assume YOU are a bad football fan as well based on your definition?  Must be pretty hot living in Florida in that glass house.  
not arguing either way,  but those prices are pretty much in line with what fans are paying all over the nfl for their season tickets,  even without the 6 billion dollar venue.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
JR was telling me what GREAT football fans they have in Los Angeles?? Riiiight.
We do have great SPORTS fans in LA. Go ahead and check the attendance records for the Dodgers, Lakers, USC and UCLA football. Not sure the last time the Dodgers didn't lead all of the MLB in attendance.  Hard to find a more loyal and passionate fan base than that of the Dodgers and Lakers.  
I'll give you the Dodgers. Bastards in blue show up in masses to Rockies games. Hell, they all live here now. 

I lived in the LA area for about 30 years and always thought that LA was NOT a NFL town.  Dodgers, Lakers and USC football were the sports heartbeat of the city.