Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well you knew this was coming...
I think Stefanski is in a strong situation and can be wait for the job with the right Organization.

If the right situation doesn't come up, he'd still be on solid ground with the Vikings in 2020.

Too often I see Coordinators  accept Head Coaching positions with franchises that are not going to succeed.

Jumping at the first chance/offer ,with a below average  Organization, doesn't end well typically.

Probably can hire Shurmer (sp) back, as he will likely be fired by the NYG

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@MaroonBells said:
If we can keep Kubes, then even if Stef moves on, whoever we bring in (Klint? Dennison?) could run the same offense, maintaining the continuity that is so important for QBs. 

Not saying that the next guy is going to be able to call plays as well as Stef has this year, but scheme continuity is the most important thing. Rick seems to do things with an eye a couple years down the road--the fact that we even still have Stefanski is proof of that. Wouldn't surprise me if he already knows who the OC will be if Stef moves on. 

Still, be nice to see this ship stay in tact for at least one more year. 
anyone think that G Kubiaks son could / is being groomed to become an OC??
Definitely. Don't forget also that Rick Dennison has 10 years experience as an OC under Kubiak. That's kind of the beauty of this staff. Our assistant head coach is a former super bowl winning head coach. Our OL coach was an OC for 10 years.  A lot of guys who've seen a lot.