Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danielle and Everson
Quote: @Skodin said:
should Griffen slide inside on passing downs, getting Weatherly and/or Fedi on the field

surprised we havent seen a lot of that.  especially with blitz fronts, dropping into coverage
Or both,  why not go all DEs on obvious passing downs?

Other than GB and Dallas there hasn't been a lot of imagination out of Zimmer this year. No NASCAR. Not much fake A Gap looks. Or Barr at the LOS. Hardly any CB blitzes.

I'm just going to say it. The older he gets the more conservative his playcalling gets. Couple that with aging/declining play at a few spots and this Defense just doesn't scare anyone any more. Except for me. I'm terrified of it giving up loooong drives that eat tons of clock in the Playoffs.

Barr needs to be sent far more often than he has been. He's been effective as a Blitzer but rarely used. Hercules has fallen off the face of the earth. Holmes has been a never was. Watts hasn't been used until Linval got hurt and has shown some hustle. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Other than GB and Dallas there hasn't been a lot of imagination out of Zimmer this year. No NASCAR. Not much fake A Gap looks. Or Barr at the LOS. Hardly any CB blitzes.

I'm just going to say it. The older he gets the more conservative his playcalling gets. Couple that with aging/declining play at a few spots and this Defense just doesn't scare anyone any more. Except for me. I'm terrified of it giving up loooong drives that eat tons of clock in the Playoffs.
which is why I have wondered about letting Stefanski leave if they really think he is HC material.  its hard to find good ones and he is young and well respected and keeps the Kubiaks along for the ride.  I am not saying fire Zim this year,  but if his defense is so dependent on high round studs to work... is it really that great of a defensive scheme or just a very talented defense?

hopefully we have another year or so with Stefanski to make the decision,  but I have my doubts considering the hype that has been around going with young minds lately instead of old retreads.