Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What In The World Were You Thinking
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...made-here/
I still don't know why in the world we would do this.  You just gave up a field goal and now you give the other team to score a chance at a TD and eliminate your 10 point lead.  At minimum you hand them another field goal.  And all this with a team that has to play the game with a rookie QB that can't move the ball. 
The only reason Washington got a field goal in the second half (if I remember right) is Peterson got loose twice in a row.
This was a tale of two halves.  Keenum was keeping Washington with in one score and we weren't stopping him.  When Keenum couldn't go in the second half it became a whole new game of stopping the rookie QB and not letting Washington cross mid field.  Just protect the 10 point lead and run the clock.
Again, what the hell was Zimmer thinking.  What in the world could he gain other than keeping a drive alive and not going 3 and out and giving the ball to the rookie QB.
All night I felt like we were trying to fool Washington and were getting too cute rather than just taking it to Washington.  Like when we ran the ball in for the TD.  It worked but with the time on the clock normally you would pass and then kick the field goal. 

I had no problem going for it, I just hated the play call.

The decision and the call were fine... Bradbury got submarined and that jammed the play up.

It was stupid.  The risk vs. benefit was never worth it.  The situation within the game made no sense either.  Perhaps he wanted to keep intact the not having to punt all night?

If you are going to go for it, Cook, Ham, or a roll out were much better options...I'll chalk this is as a massive brain fart...

According to analytics, it was the right move. But you have to execute in that situation, which they did not. 

Yeah, I would've been ok with 1 lone Viking punt in that game instead of that POS play.

With Haskins at QB, on the other team, it probably wasn't a terrible call. Otherwise it didn't make a lot of sense.

I had no problem with it, they just didn't execute.

I agree with Zimmer, one of the dumbest moves he's ever made as head coach.  Even if they would have made I would say the same thing.  Just stupid.