Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Greek Freak Has Made The NBA Relevant For Me
He's must watch t.v., unless the Vikings are on, which was the case last night...

• [Image: Milwaukee%20-%20178x142.png]
    Giannis Antetokounmpo exploded before fouling out during a 117-111 win over the Rockets on Thursday, scoring 30 points with 13 rebounds, 11 assists, one steal, one block, three turnovers and two 3-pointers in just 28 minutes.He proved last year that he doesn't need a lot of time to put up outrageous stat lines, and he's trended up his entire career with his per-minute production. That didn't change in the preseason with absurd per-36 stats of 41.9 points, 18.4 boards, 5.1 dimes, 2.0 blocks, 2.0 steals and 2.0 treys with his 38.1 usage rate. He said over the summer that he was only playing at 60% of his potential, and it looks like we should believe him, especially with a better looking jumper tonight. He's a cheat code.
    Oct 24, 2019, 11:29 PM ET

Here is an admission -- I am a Bucks fan going back to the Big O.   (I am originally from NH -- no loyalty to Boston -- so my teams are Vikings (started watching in 67), Bucks (70), Orioles (70) and Bruins (Bobby Orr)).  I knew Giannis was going to be great when he got a technical for pushing a Pacer into the stands during a blowout loss -- you could see then he was so driven to make the most out of his physical talent.

When we moved from Chicago to Milwaukee when I was 12, my dad told me I had to start following at least one local sports franchise. Wasn't going to be the Vikings, and it wasn't going to be the Cubs, Milwaukee didn't have a NHL franchise, so I gave up on the Butterbean Love Bulls for Lew Alcindor...