Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I like
Other than the obvious offense and defense playing well some minor details I liked.

Using Mattison to pound the ball between the tackles.  Philly has a good run D, and we took it too them.

Waynes playing great D.  Physical, but not to the point of PI

Kendricks.

Our special teams being special.  Bailey made his kicks, our fg team being prepared for the fake and playing that well.

Defensive turnovers.

Zimmer being Zimmer on the sidelines.  My younger kids asked why he always looks so mad.  Cuz it is football.

Big butts?

really like Kendricks.  He closes so fast, playing with great anticipation.  As someone noted elsewhere, having two good DTs in front of him is giving him clean looks.

The aggressive nature of the play calling on offense was special.
I also thought Waynes played well. Pederson went after him and he held up.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
The aggressive nature of the play calling on offense was special.
I also thought Waynes played well. Pederson went after him and he held up.
They really did seem to be targeting him, didn't they.

They  signed Colquitt after Pre season.

With a rookie deep snapper and a new holder and a kicker who's had the yips .the  ST's are playing better.   Maalouf has done a great job. The fake FG attempt showed the Vikes were prepared. 

It's only 1 game, but the Vikings didn't get a big win like this in 2018. 

Kubiak and Co' influence is starting to show up on  the field.   When the last time ya saw 2 Viking WR   wide open for a TD  on the same play?   

Next 4 games will interesting......

Quote: @greediron said:
our fg team being prepared for the fake and playing that well.

I have watched that play a couple times now and I don't know why the Eagles coach thought that was the right play given the Vikings formation.  The Vikes had someone a few yards behind the LOS to cover a fake -- and did cover the fake.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
@greediron said:

I have watched that play a couple times now and I don't know why the Eagles coach thought that was the right play given the Vikings formation.  The Vikes had someone a few yards behind the LOS to cover a fake -- and did cover the fake.
Dunno, do they call it before they line up and do they have an audible to kill?  Don't know the answer to that.  I would assume they called it and went out there to run the play, but Harris did his job.
Also, I don't really pay attention to FG defense, but usually there is a guy that doesn't get up to the line most time, right?  And it seems something tipped Harris off because he was right there in coverage.

Quote: @greediron said:
@VikingOracle said:
@greediron said:

Dunno, do they call it before they line up and do they have an audible to kill?  Don't know the answer to that.  I would assume they called it and went out there to run the play, but Harris did his job.
Also, I don't really pay attention to FG defense, but usually there is a guy that doesn't get up to the line most time, right?  And it seems something tipped Harris off because he was right there in coverage.
That is a damn good question.  Pederson said after the game, ""We got the look that we wanted. I thought it would work and I would do it again."  So maybe they go on the field expecting to run the fake and if they don't like the look, Pederson signals in to take a delay of game penalty (I don't think there would be a 10 second run because the clock was already stopped, but regardless there was more than 10 seconds left and the ball was at the 22 yard line so 5 additional yards would not make much of a difference).  I don't know why he could say he liked the look.  As many commentators have written, what would be the point anyways, so you have the ball at the twenty with less than 10 seconds left (if the TE even catches it and makes it out of bounds) -- are you going to try to get a pass into the end zone with you one play and hope the clock doesn't run out if unsuccessful? 

Maybe when he said liked the look it wasn't about personnel it was distance and time on the clock/ game situation?