Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are a good team, despite today’s game
The Bears didn't fare much better offensively today, and I don't believe there is much of a dropoff from Mitchell to Daniel. Two great defenses going at it today. A few things tipped it in Chicago's favor, namely the Hunter strip sack getting reversed by a penalty, Diggs' fumble on the second drive (which looked promising up to that point), and the Cousins fumble on the third drive.
Aside from that, both defenses were pretty solid today.

Quote: @Bullazin said:
All is not lost.  We are still a good team that will have to get better to be great. 

We have to take the training wheels off and be f@$!ing aggressive on both sides of the ball. We have to get the ball out quickly on O, especially with teams with a good D and good rush. 

We should not have sat back against Daniel and should have been more aggressive with pressure
I really don't see the justification for saying we are a good team with even a chance to be great. Can you elaborate?

I see a team with a lot of defensive talent, but some is starting to fade past its prime. That talent frequently underperforms for harmful stretches when facing teams that are even above average. Even at its best, this defense plays a style that slows and stifles opponents but does not intimidate and take over games - so it needs to be paired with an effective offensive unit.

We have a couple of great WRs but don't do a good job opening opportunities for them, and a QB who is frequently unable to capitalize when they are open.
We have an excellent RB but he's starting to look like he has to do everything himself. Our OL has been a disappointment for a decade, and we were told that a new coach and scheme could make them outplay their talent level. They have blocked well for the run in 3 games but disastrously in pass protection.
That all seems like an average team, at best.

We've already lost to 2 teams in our division, how good can they be? 8 wins? 9? 

That is not why they signed Kirk Cousins....for mediocrity. Its brutal but the Cousins experiment did not elevate the team like they expected it to. The only saving grace is the team did not give up draft picks for him. There's no other way to shine a good light on it all, its a failure. 

This team is showing some majors cracks. 

Defense: DL is not getting enough pressure against good OL's.  Rhodes is not elite any more.  Waynes is out of position as often as not.  Not sure why Gedeon is still starting.  Hughes and Mac struggled yesterday, not sure if it is because both might not be 100% yet.

Offense:  Cousins has no confidence and can not hold on to the ball.  OL is absolutely horrid in pass protection (two parts to good offense Dennison).  Receivers getting disgruntled.

Bottom line this team is average at best, I think major changes should be coming in the offseason.

I also think they're a good team; just not a great one.  They might be 8-8, but I'm not sure they're even better than Detroit.  Too bad for us fans.  I think it's going to be a long season.

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
that trubsky. fumble bis. not. nullified. it is a different game
i missed the first 10 minutes of the game what happened did Trubisky fumble?

The Vikings are a good team. Unfortunately, so are the Bears and Packers. NFL is such a crapshoot. Eagles look like crap then come out and beat the Packers in Lambeau. Bears are awful on offense for three games and then can't be stopped with Chase Daniel at the helm. Who are the Rams? 68 passes and 11 runs against the Bucs? Let Jameis Winston put 55 on the board? What about the Saints? Blown out by the Rams in week 2. 2-0 since Brees went down. Seahawks are schizophrenic.

It will all settle down by midseason and the cream will rise to the top. But it's anyone's guess who that will be. 2-2 isn't the bad thing. 0-2 in the division is.