Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good game for Teddy to prove something against Seattle
Teddy sure looked better on the road against a tough Seattle D than KC did last season.  Remember how Cousins played on that nationally televised game?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
16/21 148 yds
2 td's

Into the late 3rd quarter...

With this surround, he doesnt have to carry that Offense.
Or he should have big stats with all those weapons?

Quote: @kmillard said:
@purplefaithful said:
16/21 148 yds
2 td's

Seattle is a tough place to play as that was Carroll's 1st home loss in September since he's been with the Seahawks (since 2011 I think), and they'll probably make the playoffs, so...

Let's check Brees' 2 road games against playoff teams last year.

@Bal - win
22/30 212 yds 2 TDs 0 INTs

@Dal - loss
18/28 127 yds 1 TD 0 INTs

For good measure, I'll throw in the @Vikings as it is also a tough place to play.

@Min - win
18/23 120 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Bridgewater played as well, if not better, than Brees has recently versus tough teams on the road.

Quote: @silverjoel said:
@kmillard said:
@purplefaithful said:
16/21 148 yds
2 td's

Seattle is a tough place to play as that was Carroll's 1st home loss in September since he's been with the Seahawks (since 2011 I think), and they'll probably make the playoffs, so...

@Bal - win

@Dal - loss

For good measure, I'll throw in the @Vikings as it is also a tough place to play.

@Min - win
18/23 120 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Bridgewater played as well, if not better, than Brees has recently versus tough teams on the road.
Yup, Bridgewater is better.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@silverjoel said:
@kmillard said:
@purplefaithful said:
16/21 148 yds
2 td's

@Bal - win

@Dal - loss

@Min - win
18/23 120 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Yup, Bridgewater is better.
WTF?  Where did I say that?  So, Brees doesn't always put up numbers with all of those weapons (I would actually say the Vikings have more weapons, by the way) and that's fine, but Bridgewater has a very similar game and what?  The numbers aren't good enough for you?

You must be one of those people disappointed Bridgewater didn't suck...

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Stats are very deceiving on that line....pass short left to Kamara....pass short right to Kamara. He tends to do a lot with those short catches. Wink
He was running the same offense that Brees runs and throwing the same passes, Brees is awesome, but I guess for Teddy he was just lucky that Kamara is good after the catch??

@kmillard said:
@purplefaithful said:
16/21 148 yds
2 td's

@Bal - win

@Dal - loss

@Min - win
18/23 120 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Oh stop it now. Good lord.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@silverjoel said:
@kmillard said:
@purplefaithful said:
16/21 148 yds
2 td's

@Bal - win

@Dal - loss

@Min - win
18/23 120 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Stop what?  Bridgewater managed the game in a tough environment.  Good for him.  Brees did the same thing last year.  Good for him too.

Apparently, using play-makers to make plays is somehow frowned upon.  Jeez.  I mean, if you take away AD's long runs...

@StickyBun said:
@silverjoel said:
@kmillard said:
@purplefaithful said:
16/21 148 yds
2 td's

@Bal - win

@Dal - loss

@Min - win
18/23 120 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Stop what?  Bridgewater managed the game in a tough environment.  Good for him.  Brees did the same thing last year.  Good for him too.

Apparently, using play-makers to make plays is somehow frowned upon.  Jeez.  I mean, if you take away AD's long runs...
That's exactly it. It's narrative bias. If you take away AD's long runs, he's not efficient. If you take away Teddy's efficiency, he's overrated.  Teddy played a good game. The Saints have looked like crap all year. They go into Seattle as underdogs where the Seahawks have not lost in September in 10 years and take one by playing efficient football. It's hard to believe that some would have you believe that's a bad thing after what we saw in Green Bay last week. 

Teddy and the Saints played well. Seattle isn't some amazing, dominant defense like they have been in the past but that's still a tough place to play. I don't like anything about the Saints but I can be happy for Teddy.
Also no one is comparing Teddy and Brees. But the past couple years Brees has been much more of a short, efficient passer than the push it down the field, quick-score guy that he was back when Jimmy Graham was scoring 15 TDs. Teddy is a great fit in their current system and if he can do 75% of what Brees can, then they can go .500 or better until Brees is back. Yesterday was a good start for him.