Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little bit of love for our other most recent 1st rounders.

Hmmm. I'm going to hold off on judging some of these rookies (other than JJ who's amazing)....different timeframes for learning, especially this year. Gladney needed a decent game for his mental well being. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Hmmm. I'm going to hold off on judging some of these rookies (other than JJ who's amazing)....different timeframes for learning, especially this year. Gladney needed a decent game for his mental well being. 
Definitely, but a positive nonetheless for both. Hopefully that'll snowball downhill the rest of the season.

It's great to see Bradbury and Jefferson make progress. I will hold off a little on Gladney, the corners are a mess right now. Something positive is always good though. 

Better than bad news, but a single game isn't enough. I want to give guys early in their careers benefit of the doubt, so Gladney deserves a lot of patience. Bradbury needs to have a string of good games to overcome the inconsistency of his first 21.
I thought you might be reporting on 1st-rounders we have had more than a year and a half, maybe 1st-rounders that are on their second contract with the Vikings are doing. But they are all gone except Harrison Smith and Anthony Barr. The only players on the current roster who we drafted and stayed beyond their rookie contracts are Smith, Barr, Kendricks, Hunter, Rudolph, and Cook.

6 players, that's a pretty thin core of veterans established from our draft pool - especially since some people continue to call Spielman a great builder through the draft? What about all those late round picks he prizes - why have none of them become foundations of the team in their prime years? The only Spielman draftees that have proven worth keeping were picked in the first 3 rounds (except for Diggs, who we let go and had to spend a #1 to replace).