Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Showcasing Treadwell last night...
Writing is sure on the wall...Even Zimsu used the word show-casing. Sounds like Treadwell's grandma is in a bad place too, tough time for the kid...

Laquon Treadwell had more important things on his mind than a preseason game, doing enough to make the Vikings’ 53-man roster or a potential trade that coach Mike Zimmer hinted the team is shopping for after Sunday night’s 25-19 win over Seattle at U.S. Bank Stadium.After a game-high four catches for a team-high 47 yards, the fourth-year receiver said he was told Saturday that his grandmother, Judy Young, has been hospitalized in Chicago with an illness Treadwell wouldn’t reveal and has been given three months to live.
“I was kind of focused on that,” Treadwell said. “That’s another adversity. I have to come out and play a game, but I got that call [Saturday]. I just got to stay positive. It’s part of life.
“I’m flying to Chicago [Monday] to see her in the hospital. I’m going to make the most of it and enjoy that time with her.”
It comes at a time when Treadwell, a former first-round draft pick, is fighting to a roster spot.
http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-vik...553070092/

I wish his family the best,   but holy shit did anybody get get dejavu?  wasnt it at the end of Williamsons last year here that his Grandma passed and took him away from the team for an extended period of time and that drew the ire of Chilly?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I wish his family the best,   but holy shit did anybody get get dejavu?  wasnt it at the end of Williamsons last year here that his Grandma passed and took him away from the team for an extended period of time and that drew the ire of Chilly?
Forgot about that...Didn't Childress cut him on Xmas Eve or something like that?

Way to win a locker room, which he never did. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Forgot about that...Didn't Childress cut him on Xmas Eve or something like that?

No that was a different WR he axed on Christmas Eve.  Maybe Ferguson? 

TWill went to jacksonville the following year and wanted to fight Childress or something.

Quote: @greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:

TWill went to jacksonville the following year and wanted to fight Childress or something.
Marcus Robinson

Quote: @greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:

Childress cut Marcus Robinson on Christmas eve, I believe.

The only person that can showcase Treadwell's talent is Treadwell...

Turdwell should look like he’s in a league of his own against 3rd stringers. I watched and although he caught balls he certainly didnt stand out. Anyone see it differently?

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Turdwell should look like he’s in a league of his own against 3rd stringers. I watched and although he caught balls he certainly didnt stand out. Anyone see it differently?
And it was more the qb.  

Put him at 3 with first string.  He wont contribute.