Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The busiest Vikings player on the practice field: fan favorite Chad Beebe
Chad Beebe took off in a dead sprint between fields during Thursday’s practice at TCO Performance Center with only a few moments to catch his breath.
After hauling in passes from quarterback Kirk Cousins under the watchful eye of coach Mike Zimmer, Beebe took snaps from rookie long snapper Austin Cutting with special-teams coordinator Marwan Maalouf looking on.
Such is life for Beebe, who has become the busiest man on the Vikings’ practice field in Eagan, balancing the many responsibilities that come with being a slot receiver and a place-holder, sometimes at the same time.
“It’s something I’m still getting used to because there’s a lot of back and forth that goes along with it,” Beebe said. “I don’t mind it because it obviously creates more of an opportunity for me.”
His uptick in workload started a couple of weeks ago when the coaching staff approached him about potentially holding for field goals and extra-point kicks. It’s no secret that punter Matt Wile has struggled handling those duties in the past, and the sure-handed Beebe seems like a natural fit, especially considering he did it for three years in college at Northern Illinois.
https://www.twincities.com/2019/08/16/th...had-beebe/