Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting Kevin McDermott :Typical Mick & Dick scapegoating
rams kicker Frank Corral did both duties in 80-81. That is the last time.

Seems I didn't frame this post correctly.....it's not about this SINGULAR transaction. It's simply yet another "symptom" of the Schpielitis that needs to be eradicated in order for the Vikings to become truly Playoff Healthy.

Salary cap move? Um, OK. But why not MONTHS ago? Saint Ricky DID use a draft selection on a LS (YIKES!)....and we were all ASSURED that the Dickster KNEW what he was doing, meaning that the military service issue was a NON issue, correct? And I, for one, don't recall ANY glaring issues with Kevin at LS. Maybe I missed it, but I doubt it. Bizarre timing, to say the least, and TERRIBLE timing for Kevin.

The point is, M & D have mastered the art of deflecting blame, Dicky more so than Micky (but he's certainly catching on, especially with kickers!). HC's, OC's, STC's, QB's RB's, OL's, K's, P's..etc. All of these have been the subject of highly visible departures from the team....all based on PERFORMANCE. But Slick Dick, with his whopping TWO playoff win's since 2006 (1 an absolute miracle, the other due ENTIRELY to a 40 yr old mercenary QB, both HOME victories, btw) and Ol' Mikey, with his stellar 1 Playoff victory in 5 years (preceded by his even more stellar playoff stint as DC for the Bengals...ZERO playoff wins) remain unscathed from the fans' scrutiny.

My favorite little fun fact : Since gracing the Vikings with his magnificent presence in 2006, Schpielman has LESS playoff wins (2) than the Home Stadiums the Vikings have played in (3) during that time period (actually it's 4 when you account for the fucking roof collapse of the Metrodome, but even I can't blame ol' Saint Rick for that!). That's a great stat to have going into your 14th season, huh? LMAO! 

Let's see if the vaunted M&D duo can DOUBLE their playoff victory total...by winning a SINGLE playoff game this season. Then we can talk about the RESULTS of their personnel moves, Hookay?

Peace.

P.S. This observation is not a slight to Cutting. I have tremendous respect for ALL students who attend Military Academies and wish him a long, healthy and profitable NFL career.