Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet The Bay Area's Newest State Farm Agent
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Antonio Brown has filed a grievance against the NFL, appealing the league's decision to ban his preferred helmet.While the focus has been on his feet, Brown's ongoing battle with the league over what helmet he's allowed to wear may be the real reason for his recent absence. AB is expected to meet with an arbitrator next week, who will determine whether he will have to switch helmets or continue wearing his preferred model, which is no longer certified by the National Operating Committee for Standards and Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE). Between his headwear concerns and frostbitten feet, the first-year Raider is missing precious practice reps he could have used to establish a rapport with quarterback Derek Carr. His fantasy arrow is pointing in the wrong direction.
SOURCE: ESPN

Wonder if Mayock will seek out an Excedrin sponcership...

I heard that it was "too old" or whatever for league approval.

Honestly should be up to the player IMO.

I researched every damn helmet / VT ranking etc. Riddell, Schutt, Xenith, Vicis, etc.

Finally pulled the trigger on the Xenith two seasons ago, and my son LOVED it.  Some SERIOUS technology into that brand.
The helmet acts independent of the internal cushions.  Those cushions are connected to the bottom chin strap, which tightens the occipital (rear of the skull).  

I know Vicis is the most expensive brand (highly touted) but I was able to look at one, and what I saw scared me.....
Yes, the CROWN of the helmet reflexes...ok, great......BUT........the same material was used on the area under the ear / ear holes.......I pushed BOTH sides together and they almost touched one another.  It someone goes into the SIDE of that helmet, you'll be drinking your meals for three months.

His team uses Riddell, and he was complaining of it hurting his forehead, so I filed down the front foam & reinserted.
I asked him if he wanted another Xenith, but it's only for one year before HS.

If interested here's a one minute demonstration of why I chose Xenith for my son