Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Stefanski is 37 years old
I don't see anyone in the media considering him one of the new breed of young NFL wunderkinds. Kingsbury is 39. Kyle Shanahan is 39., etc. Is it because most consider Kubiak the real puppeteer to this offense? I wonder what Klint Kubiak's role will be eventually in this organization? Zimmer is 63 years old. With some success, its very possible to see Stefanski as eventual HC and Klint Kubiak as OC. 

Interesting dynamics on the Vikings' coaching staff. Neat story below:

http://strib.mn/2YlN9hR

This was a very good read and I had the same thoughts about raising their own future coaches. Could be the next HC is more OC background than DC and right on staff today?

More importantly, it appears the chemistry is good and roles/responsibilities are clear. I'm definitely optimistic on this aspect of the team. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I don't see anyone in the media considering him one of the new breed of young NFL wunderkinds. Kingsbury is 39. Kyle Shanahan is 39., etc. Is it because most consider Kubiak the real puppeteer to this offense? I wonder what Klint Kubiak's role will be eventually in this organization? Zimmer is 63 years old. With some success, its very possible to see Stefanski as eventual HC and Klint Kubiak as OC. 

Ive been saying that since they blocked Stefanski last year.   He is the chosen future if he proves worthy.   They knew that either way flipper was a short timer.  if he came here and the offense flourished he was gone in a year or so to a HC gig,  if the O didnt he would be sent packing.   I have said for a while that Zim seems like the kind to walk away earlier than later and the front office likely knows his plan.   bringing in Kubiak this year cemented the theory for me.  Kubiak can be a full time coach any longer,  but he can mentor and pave a way for his son.   Once Ski is named a HC it opens the door for young Klint to accend the nfl ranks to eventually get a shot at a HC gig himself.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

Ive been saying that since they blocked Stefanski last year.   He is the chosen future if he proves worthy.   They knew that either way flipper was a short timer.  if he came here and the offense flourished he was gone in a year or so to a HC gig,  if the O didnt he would be sent packing.   I have said for a while that Zim seems like the kind to walk away earlier than later and the front office likely knows his plan.   bringing in Kubiak this year cemented the theory for me.  Kubiak can be a full time coach any longer,  but he can mentor and pave a way for his son.   Once Ski is named a HC it opens the door for young Klint to accend the nfl ranks to eventually get a shot at a HC gig himself.
Agreed on Zimmer: he will walk away earlier than maybe he could. I think being a HC is extremely stressful for him, he's admitted as much. Doesn't take a lot of joy in it. 

Sounds like they have a great working relationship. Still curious to know how it will all work on game day though. With Kubiak in the box, I'm guessing he's going to provide vision, coverages and recommend a thing or two, but Stefanski will be the one who actually calls the play. So what happens when they disagree? And a play blows up as a result? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Sounds like they have a great working relationship. Still curious to know how it will all work on game day though. With Kubiak in the box, I'm guessing he's going to provide vision, coverages and recommend a thing or two, but Stefanski will be the one who actually calls the play. So what happens when they disagree? And a play blows up as a result? 
if there is a true mentor relationship it wont be a problem.  there is true respect and admiration between those 2 and that will make it a workable situation.  Kubiak doesnt want Skis job and his son will only benefit by Skis success.   I know a lot of fans question this arrangement,  but I have a lot of confidence that this will be a great situation for our team.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
if there is a true mentor relationship it wont be a problem.  there is true respect and admiration between those 2 and that will make it a workable situation.  Kubiak doesnt want Skis job and his son will only benefit by Skis success.   I know a lot of fans question this arrangement,  but I have a lot of confidence that this will be a great situation for our team.
When it comes to OC's on Zimmer's team. A lot of confidence is not a statement that doesn't jumps out at me. Count me with Maroon. Curious but hopeful.
I hope it works on game day. We have at least 16 of them game days remember. Twice in Zimmer's time here the OC didn't make it to the 16th. Therefore my  scepticism that any combination will work. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
When it comes to OC's on Zimmer's team. A lot of confidence is not a statement that doesn't jumps out at me. Count me with Maroon. Curious but hopeful.
I hope it works on game day. We have at least 16 of them game days remember. Twice in Zimmer's time here the OC didn't make it to the 16th. Therefore my  scepticism that any combination will work. 
I think the thing that I hope for is that they're smart enough to realize that there WILL be disagreements and to have a plan in place to manage it when it occurs. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:

B)