Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stefanski: 'Beebe out here making a name for himself'

Replying to @Vikings“I think he’s making a name for himself and he’s doing a good job...I will give the kid credit - he comes out here and he works.” - Kevin Stefanski on Chad Beebe

....and I read that Jordan Taylor has been out with some kind of injury? Not great for a kid known to be injured often. 

He looked good in preseason and limited action last year.  Perfect slot guy with his quickness.

May never be more than a WR4 or WR5, but it sounds like he's putting together enough good looks to stick around for a while. Hope Taylor's injury isn't serious and not related to his hips. He seems to be in the lead for WR3 right now. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Replying to @Vikings“I think he’s making a name for himself and he’s doing a good job...I will give the kid credit - he comes out here and he works.” - Kevin Stefanski on Chad Beebe

....and I read that Jordan Taylor has been out with some kind of injury? Not great for a kid known to be injured often. 
Remember Beebe struggles w/ staying healthy as well, hopefully it’s just precautionary.

Quote: @Kentis said:

Remember Beebe struggles w/ staying healthy as well, hopefully it’s just precautionary.
Reading the mini-camp notes, it didn't mention anything serious. Taylor sat out, but so did Irv Smith, David Morgan, and a couple other offensive players.

AT - Diggs - Taylor - Beebe - Badet - Treadwell

Observations from Minicamp No. 2
1. Finding pay dirt

Good luck trying to cover Chad Beebe.
The Vikings wide receiver stood out in the early portion of practice when wide receivers were lined up against defensive backs in 1-on-1 situations near the goal line.
Beebe twice got the best of All-Pro safety Harrison Smith, using a quick cut to the inside in their first matchup to snag a touchdown. Beebe, who is listed at 5-foot-10 but is one of the most elusive players on the field, ended up with a score on each of his three reps.

He'll shoot your eye out.