Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor: Vikings 'very' interested in Garrett Bradbury at #18.
Not sure if its smoke, but take it for what its worth. I'd be happy to get the kid. 

That would obviously make me very happy. But about that I'll say two things:

1. The best smoke is the most believable smoke. And Bradbury smoke is definitely believable. Almost too believable?

2. In forty years of draft obsession, I've learned one thing about smoke: the rumors you hear in January and February tend to be true because teams haven't yet put their boards together so there's little point in misdirection. Everything you hear in March and April tends to be smoke. What you hear 24 hours before the draft tends to be true again.

Suffice to say, not sure what to make of this...

I do think that Bradbury will be very high on their list come the 18th pick. Personally I think he would be a great pick if they commit to keeping him at center from day one. He surely isn't the only player they like though. Other consideration, I would put a little bit of money a team higher than #18 takes a swing at Bradbury. There is a team in the top 15 who I know really likes him. 

This also could be the Vikings blowing a bit of smoke knowing the Texans are trying to jump them for an OT. Make it seem like that a move up wouldn't be necessary. 

Over the weekend I think the line drawn on how the Vikings have tiered their O-lineman came together for me: 

Tier 1 - Jonah Williams / Jawaan Taylor
Tier 2 - Andre Dillard / Garrett Bradbury 
Tier 3 - Chris Lindstrom / Cody Ford 

I think they would considering any in tier 1/2 at #18. For a tier 3 guy they'd probably like to slide back a few spots before pulling the trigger. I've heard they don't have athletic concerns with Ford but rather his top 30 wasn't very impressive. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I do think that Bradbury will be very high on their list come the 18th pick. Personally I think he would be a great pick if they commit to keeping him at center from day one. He surely isn't the only player they like though. Other consideration, I would put a little bit of money a team higher than #18 takes a swing at Bradbury. There is a team in the top 15 who I know really likes him. 

This also could be the Vikings blowing a bit of smoke knowing the Texans are trying to jump them for an OT. Make it seem like that a move up wouldn't be necessary. 

Over the weekend I think the line drawn on how the Vikings have tiered their O-lineman came together for me: 

I think they would considering any in tier 1/2 at #18. For a tier 3 guy they'd probably like to slide back a few spots before pulling the trigger. I've heard they don't have athletic concerns with Ford but rather his top 30 wasn't very impressive. 
Interesting. Because that's exactly how I'd tier them. Now watch them take Noah Fant. 

hell i would  be  happy  if  @"MaroonBells" said:
Quote:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:

Interesting. Because that's exactly how I'd tier them. Now watch them take Noah Fant. 
hell i would  behappy with any of the  6 

Quote: @"Viking1987" said:

@"Geoff Nichols" said:

I'd be ecstatic with 2 of those 6.  Probably won't happen, but damn that would be nice... 

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
@"Viking1987" said:

@"Geoff Nichols" said:

I'd be ecstatic with 2 of those 6.  Probably won't happen, but damn that would be nice... 

sure would be nice

I’m coming around on Bradbury at 18 for the simple reason we HAVE to run the ball if we are going to compete for a SB.  As good as Our D has been, they are on the damn field too much the last 3 years.

Also, while Cousins is no statue, his pocket and movement skills are prolly at or below average.  I want to see extra linemen and max protect and 2 TE and boots galore.