Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could He Drop Like A Rock?
[Image: NCAA%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png]MONTEZ SWEATDL, COLLEGE PLAYER[Image: 390672.jpg]
According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, Mississippi State DE Montez Sweat's heart condition has been discussed "extensively" in draft rooms across the league.Sweat's doctor's check-up at last month's Combine revealed an enlarged heart, a risk factor that teams will have to weigh ahead of next week's draft. Per Pelissero, there are no players in the NFL with this exact condition, though athletes in other sports, particularly soccer, have played through it and still gone on to have successful careers. Any team that selects Sweat would have to take the necessary precautions including having a heart defibrillator accessible at all times. Pelissero also notes that a handful of teams aren't comfortable with Sweat's condition and have already removed him from their draft boards. Even with these concerns, it would be a stunner if the All-American fell out of the first round.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

If he's planning on sitting in the Green Room, he better pack a lunch.  And maybe a sleeping bag...

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter Apr 20
More
1/2 Mississippi State DE Montez Sweat, who told NFL he would attend this week’s draft in Nashville, has changed his mind and will watch it instead with his family in Georgia, sources tell @mortreport and me. Sweat is a top talent, but some teams concerned about heart condition.

He'll be at home watching...man, if he's there at 18 he'd be hard to pass on...

Another OL selection going ahead of us in his place...

I have zero doubt there will be a mini-run on OL before the Vikings' pick at #18. And one will be an OG, not just OTs. 

No thanks. Vikes have had enough draft-day drama turned nightmare.  Here...hold my 10 foot pole....

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I have zero doubt there will be a mini-run on OL before the Vikings' pick at #18. And one will be an OG, not just OTs. 
What's a mini-run in your mind?  I struggle to see us not getting at least the 5th best OL.

I hope he lasts until #18.  With Griffen being in his last year due to the contract amounts going forward and the performance thresholds he should reach to cancel out those remaining years, AND more importantly, the money being paid to pass rushers this off season, getting a talented player like Sweat would be great.  On paper.

He seemed to do OK at Miss St. 

There's a lot of chatter about the Panthers and Texans trying to move up for an OT...I think a slight trade down and still getting a top IOL is our best bet...