Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings resign C Brett Jones
You guys are giving me mixed signals. Am I excited or not already??
I know no easy answers.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
So as of today, our starting lineup would be Reiff, Elf, Jones, Kline, Oneil.  Prolly about the same talent level going in last year 
I don't know why some think he is a potential starter...  I think he's just a depth player.  I mean the guy only started the first couple games until Elflein came back and then he never started again all season. 

I think that means the Vikings viewed him strictly as a backup C.  If you remember, he lost the camp competition at C in New York and that was why he was available for trade just prior to the season.  He may not even make the final roster depending on what we do in the draft...
currently its my understanding we dont even have enough bodies to fill the OL roster which by default makes him a pptential starter
Reiff, Collins, Elf, Kline, ONeill
Jones, Isidora, Edison, Hill, Norton   thats a full roster right there,  hell if they only keep 9 again (mistake!) they will have to cut somebody already.  I would say Rickster is cleared to go BPA first 2 days for sure.
Ill have to admit. Who is Edison and Norton?  Did they make the 53 last year?  And yes I can google but it still seems weve got so much room to improve to the point where ive not heard of a few that we need to draft OL early and often. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"Bullazin" said:
So as of today, our starting lineup would be Reiff, Elf, Jones, Kline, Oneil.  Prolly about the same talent level going in last year 
I don't know why some think he is a potential starter...  I think he's just a depth player.  I mean the guy only started the first couple games until Elflein came back and then he never started again all season. 

I think that means the Vikings viewed him strictly as a backup C.  If you remember, he lost the camp competition at C in New York and that was why he was available for trade just prior to the season.  He may not even make the final roster depending on what we do in the draft...
currently its my understanding we dont even have enough bodies to fill the OL roster which by default makes him a pptential starter
Jones, Isidora, Edison, Hill, Norton   thats a full roster right there,  hell if they only keep 9 again (mistake!) they will have to cut somebody already.  I would say Rickster is cleared to go BPA first 2 days for sure.
Ill have to admit. Who is Edison and Norton?  Did they make the 53 last year?  And yes I can google but it still seems weve got so much room to improve to the point where ive not heard of a few that we need to draft OL early and often. 
cornelius edison was the center for most of preseason before they brough in Jones and Storm Norton,  i dont remember to much of him from last offseason.

The money given is the key.  Since it is not much and probably very little is guaranteed, if they released him it would not hurt cap wise.

@"AGRforever" said:
@"purpleloki" said:
Sweet. Now we don't have to draft any O Lineman! Wink
Frees us up to take a CB with our first pick.
nah its BPA... (who will likely be a CB)  :p
need to keep all the  cadillac picks going to the D. Should be up on a level with the 85 bears and 2000 ravens for all the top resources spent there.

What chaps my arse is we had a   lineman we tried to sneek onto the practice squad that had the potential be a decent player and instead he got poached  by another team--instead tey hung on to tready as a developmental player and decent down field blocker(head scratcher here).  Now why couldn't   we have have cut him and kept that lineman active and sent him in with a wr number---hell he'd have the same chance as catching the ball.

Quote: @"Akvike" said:
What chaps my arse is we had a   lineman we tried to sneek onto the practice squad that had the potential be a decent player and instead he got poached  by another team--instead tey hung on to tready as a developmental player and decent down field blocker(head scratcher here).  Now why couldn't   we have have cut him and kept that lineman active and sent him in with a wr number---hell he'd have the same chance as catching the ball.
The worst part about not hanging onto the 6th round pick you drafted, to me, is that they decided they had to have 2 UDFA running backs make the final 53.  They already had Cook and Murray so one of those UDFA backs would have been enough.
I know late round picks have just as much a chance as an UDFA to make the team but come on man.
This is after Easton was hurt which they wasted 3 mil in cap space by trading for Jones.  They spent 6 mil between Easton and Jones last year.

@"AGRforever" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"Bullazin" said:

If he does that which I would not doubt.   I can see the Wilfs mail boxes being full of hate mail to fire Spielman.  I have not criticized him at all but if he neglects the glaring hole we have at OL on that 1st day. I may just have to join the NJVike camp. 

Who made the decision to leave Jones and Isadora on the bench and move Gossett to the PS?

I don't believe those decisions were made by Spielman, Zimmer or Stefanski. That was either D-Flop or the guys who replaced Tony.

If I'm right guys like Jones should get a fairer shake this season. And one would hope these personnel decisions are happening with some input from Kubiak and Dennison.