Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comparing FA OL grades to current Vikings
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
They're going hard after Ja'Wuan James. 
If so, I'd have to imagine O'Neill heads to LT and Reiff kicks inside...hopefully Reiff modifies his contract...  
That'd be the thought unless you unexpectedly release Reiff. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Very interesting - but fits past talent desires/patterns, like -
1. Targeting past top picks (possibly ones the Vikings liked originally)2. Investing costly resources in OTs, not interior OL. I'm not saying they don't intend to improve C/G positions, but Spielman has usually seemed to think those can take less-expensive players.

@"BarrNone55" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
If so, I'd have to imagine O'Neill heads to LT and Reiff kicks inside...hopefully Reiff modifies his contract...  
That'd be the thought unless you unexpectedly release Reiff. 
Is this something they are actually considering? To me that's a lot of shuffling on a line and putting guys in spots they haven't played before and hoping things turn out for the best. I thought O'Neill had a solid year at RT, but is he stout enough to play LT? Reiff has never played guard and had another solid season outside of getting punked by Kalil Mack (not the first and wont be the last). Ju'Wuan James is a pretty pedestrian RT and not the line upgrade we need IMO. Unless they out right just cut Reiff for cap savings, I don't see this as being the best option to fixing our line issues.

Why not Paradis and kick Elflein to guard instead of moving Rieff inside?  Elflein is a weak link at center and would be better at RG.  Signing a FA LT is going to way more expensive than an interior lineman.

Quote: @"lakeerievike" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
Why not Paradis and kick Elflein to guard instead of moving Rieff inside?  Elflein is a weak link at center and would be better at RG.  Signing a FA LT is going to way more expensive than an interior lineman.
They view Elf as a center. Not saying the right player wouldnt change that but given the money Paradis would take up I dont know if that’d be their preferance. 

Clearly the Vikings still don't have a clue when it comes to OL if Juwan James is the big catch. Shuffle everyone to a new position and count on Easton being 100%. Can draft all defense then.

I just don't see why Reiff would agree to a pay cut and get moved in to guard.  It seems like he could just hit FA and probably get payed LT money to play LT somewhere, so where is the leverage the Vikings have and why would he want to stay here if we're pushing him inside?