Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Roc And Now Holton Hill?

I'm a lot more concerned if we were to lose Holton Hill. Might want to cool it on all those CB trade plans that have been rumored...

Well this sucks if it's true.  I know the league will frown on this even if the law doesn't.

he hasn’t been charged?

My optimistic side says that this could be good. He wasn't charged, he didn't break any laws, but he was close enough to it to scare the piss out of him. As long as that piss doesn't end up in a cup. 

Eh...

He was simply present at the location when the police came by. So far nothing has indicated any of marijuana was his. 

I'm not worried about legal ramifications. I'd bet that the NFL has already sent an agent with a cup his way... with an odor of marijuana being the basis of the call, i'd think the league would be eager to get him tested asap.

... i figured this was a big downfall to Thomas' antics in the other thread - teammates become friends and the socialize together. It's one thing for there to be a risk of an individual getting suspended, it's another to have a handful of guys on the team also wrapped up in his lifestyle because they quietly enjoy it themselves. He enables it...

At best Hill exercised poor judgement...at worst we lose him for 4 games...as MB stated, maybe this s are him straight...

Just because he was near the weed, doesn't mean he was smoking the weed...

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4732834]

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
My optimistic side says that this could be good. He wasn't charged, he didn't break any laws, but he was close enough to it to scare the piss out of him. As long as that piss doesn't end up in a cup. 
You're VERY optimistic. Hill didn't slide all the way out of the draft because he had one incidental marijuana incident - he was in trouble with the Texas program repeatedly, some rumors he failed as many as 7 drug tests, and had police involvement, before his 2017 suspension...many NFL teams scratched him from their boards. 

I liked his play last season and would love to see him develop and stay clean. But he has had chances to be "scared straight" before and was not, so why expect this time to be different?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@MaroonBells said:
You're VERY optimistic. Hill didn't slide all the way out of the draft because he had one incidental marijuana incident - he was in trouble with the Texas program repeatedly, some rumors he failed as many as 7 drug tests, and had police involvement, before his 2017 suspension...many NFL teams scratched him from their boards. 

I liked his play last season and would love to see him develop and stay clean. But he has had chances to be "scared straight" before and was not, so why expect this time to be different?
Yes, I'm fully aware of his past. And have been for quite some time, even before we signed him. I actually work with one of his best friends from UT. We talk about him a lot.

I'm only referring to this incident. Because, while you'd think a future in football would give one pause about doing such things, it's indefinable, nebulous--nothing speaks like an actual paycheck at risk.